Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
One thing I forgot to say. I, of course, tried all combinations. No SOtM, the computer straight to the Mutec MC3+USB or no Mutec, SOtM straight into the Devialet with or w/o the tx-USB ultra. Some of these combinations don't sound any better than AIR albeit all being more problem free when streaming.

I found that only when I have all of these units connected and also the Ref 10 with good power supplies and clock cables, the magic starts. Now, I added a second MC3+USB which brought some incremental but audible improvement. It is being converted to accept DC now.

I have 5 reclocking in my system (all connected to the REF 10) and each makes things a little better. In Munich, I asked Christian Peters - head engineer for Mutec - why several reclocking matters. (I think I already talked about it earlier.) He replied that when reclocking occurs with a cleaner (i.e lower jitter) signal, the reclocking puts less stress on the unit and can improve that signal even further.
I also asked about the exact mathematical formula to justify his claims but he would give it to me. ... No, I did not.
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by zdenes - 03-Jun-2018, 21:15