Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
Hi Vivialet,
Yes, I still have the D800 and I totally agree with you. I originally bought the Devialet 8 years ago because I wanted excellent sound quality and a simple solution.
I was a late upgrader from D-Premier to D-250 and added another 250. All just before the new pro/CI upgrade program. I thought that this time (as with the previous upgrade) I would leave to the last moment and read some feedback here on the improvement if that is the best way to spend 7K.

Initial results were quite mixed on this forum, apparently, dozens of FW problems and new ones seem to surface again and again. Most people were happier with the SQ improvement but some people were not impressed. That was the time when I looked elsewhere and found here that people were using other streaming methods. I started to build my current system based on this.

Anyway, I waited further and see what the CI board brings. It seems to have improved streaming quality but FW problems etc remained. My dealer promised to loan me an Expert Pro in mid-June for a week so I will have the ultimate test myself.

I don't know if anybody else noticed that you were "cheated" to an extent. Devialet said that you pay whatever amount for the upgrade and you'll get the CI board free that would cost 1500 euros later. It never did/does/will. Upgrades will be available for the same price that all of you paid and sent the Devs to Paris twice. Confused
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by zdenes - 04-Jun-2018, 12:25