Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
(23-Jul-2018, 17:41)Confused Wrote: However, in this specific case I was intrigued because as I have reported in this thread, I have found the sMS-200Ultra to sound bright and a little thin versus both AIR and my old microRendu.  In fact, the words in SOtM's press release are almost exactly in line with what I think is wrong with the sMS-200Ultra and how I would hope a new model would be different.  Possibly wishful thinking that the Neo version will make me love the sMS-200Ultra, but I am intrigued enough to want to try it for myself.  Or to put it another way, I have never been happy with the sMS-200Ultra, in some respects it is a mighty fine performer, but the thing has been bugging me from the day I installed it, so to send it away for the Neo upgrade is basically a "nothing to lose" move for me.

Hi Confused,

Strangely enough it was the „brightness“ of the Ultra compared to the mR which actually compelled me to sell it. Looking back I also kind of miss the old mR / Mutec combination. Curious to hear your impressions once the Ultra is back ...
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by baconbrain - 28-Jul-2018, 20:30