Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
(20-Aug-2018, 15:42)K4680 Wrote: "MUTEC timing at the Burning Beach Festival"

Rich bass and clear sound without digital hardship: The Burning Beach Festival 2018 with MUTEC timing and REALHORNS SOUNDSYSTEMS. The PA system uses several MC-3 + USB reclockers and a REF 10 clock generator.

Looking at the pic submitted by K4860 has me contemplating a couple of things:

1) Going to the Festival next year because it is like right down the road ...
2) The difference between professional sound technicians and audio enthusiasts in the approach to clocking /reclocking ...

If I understand the article correctly, it sounds like they more or less utilized a dedicated Mutec for each path of the signal chain. All of which were fed from a Ref 10 signal. When reading some of the feedback out of other forums, it appears that the majority of the audio enthusiasts believe that the professional approach is not that relevant and one referenced clock device in the chain is sufficient. This seems a bit illogical to me given that the referenced clock signal is then just "waterfalled" down the chain to the DAC via whatever connection signal (AES, USB, Ethernet ..) between the respective devices.  

I am curious as to your thoughts on this ....
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by baconbrain - 24-Aug-2018, 14:36