Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
(24-Aug-2018, 18:12)octaviars Wrote:
Quote:It is back!  It took over three weeks to get to Korea, then only three days to return.  The return courier, DHL, was slightly cheaper too.

I talked to a guy here in Sweden who sent his to Korea and it took 7 days in total with DHL.

Quote:So I have paid $80 for some text I pretty much cannot see, not my best value for money purchase.

I just ordered the capacitor as I think the price for the faceplate was a bit to much considering that it dont affect anything.

As I have the chance to listen to my Ultra right before I do the soldering I hope to be able to detect if the NEO version does sound different.
So the only change is a capacitor? Would it be possible for you to tell us which cap. has to be changed, i.e. where on the board it is and what value it is?  I can’t see any reason to pay for postage to Korea and back just for a simple component change. I too am not worried about the faceplate. According to Hans B, there is a sticker on the bottom of the upgraded unit with Neo written on it. Do SOtM give you one of these with the cap.?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by Axel - 25-Aug-2018, 02:36