Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
(07-Sep-2018, 08:31)octaviars Wrote:
Quote:Thinking about all this makes me realise that my current "spaghetti" solution is actually quite simple in use. The MC3+USB and SOtM kit all accept a 10MHz reference clock feed, you can feed the sMS-200Ultra any sample rate you want, and it just works. The SOtM kit also works with HQPlayer, which the NB does not.

This is perhaps the biggest issue to me that it becomes lots of boxes and cables. I really do like my SOtM kit and the Paul Hynes PSU but I just cant stop thinking about making it easier.

So I am thinking of replacing my current dac streamer solution with a dCS Rossini dac and replace five boxes with one and keeping it all in one box and much less cable to fiddle with. Moving the PSUConfused to power the switch and NUC or just sell them with the SOtM kit.

That was my motivation when my Trinnov became Roon Ready. I sold my mR, power supply, cables, mutec mc-3+ and just streamed from my Roon Server via ethernet. Initially I was quite happy with the decision but now over time I have the feeling that there is something missing .... go figure
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by baconbrain - 07-Sep-2018, 20:10