Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
Quote:While the regulator board might be good, the problem lays with the cheap SMPS that probably has some high impedance leakage and injects the usual nastiness into the AC.

The negative output on the sPS-500 is connected to AC ground so that should take care of the leakage part.

Regarding the AC polution backwards to the net this can be really small if the SMPS is constructed right but just the fact that it is a SMPS and many of us want to get rid of these in the hifi system I find it a bit funny to do it like SOtM did.

I opted for two Paul Hynes SR4 for my SOtM kit and have not regreted it Smile in the future I might decide to get a SR7MR4 to drive switch, NUC with Roon and my two SOtM products.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by octaviars - 10-Nov-2018, 12:28