Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
(19-May-2019, 13:58)Confused Wrote: All very strange.  Now I am happy again, I shall be keeping this set up and changing nothing for a few weeks, just to make absolutely sure of everything and spend some proper time listening in this configuration.   I know it is easy to succumb to expectation bias and be tricked by this stuff, but listening today I am as sure as I can be that this is not the case, the difference is "not subtle" as the saying goes.  (I have just checked the kitchen, there is no wife available to invite in to confirm the improvement)  Either way, I shall be spending some time with this set up and see how it goes over time.  All rather curious, when you consider I am now back running a know to be buggy firmware version.  When did this stuff get so damn obscure and complicated? Confused

Participated in a seminar at the Munich Event which was held by Hans M. Strassner (see pic) from HMS Electronics. Towards the end of his presentation, he touched briefly on a common question he receives as to why our systems sound great some days and not so on others. He stated that one should never under estimate the influences of external factors such as "Elektrosmog", etc. Perhaps your neighbor bought a Tesla which he has been charging in his garage? Realize it sounds a bit cheeky, but if you stop to think about it ...

Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by baconbrain - 20-May-2019, 12:26