Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
(23-Dec-2019, 14:35)Confused Wrote: I posted a similar post to post #335 on Audiophile Style.  (basically the same post, but some changes for relevant context)

The post received an interesting response from UpTone's Alex Crespi, where he pointed out that if I am using my SOtM modified switch prior to the EtherRegen, this effectively puts the Mutec REF 10 on "both sides of the moat".  He has a point, the SOtM switch takes its reference clock signal from the clock board in the sMS-200Ultra, so that places the clock board on both sides of the moat.  As to how big a difference this might make, I have no idea, but it is easy enough for me to take the SOtM modified clock out of the system to try.  Indeed, I could run router direct to the EtherRegen, easy to do.  I will try this when I get time.

Could you explain the idea of a „leakage loop“ and how that could apply to your current setup?
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by baconbrain - 23-Dec-2019, 21:48