Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
First @Confused thanks for the kind words about me Smile

It is easy to creat loops when lots of equipment is connected to each other. Different powercircuits, powersupplys that might share -0V, groundplanes that dont have the same potential and now the etherREGEN that needs a bit of planning not to disturb the isolation. But it might not affect anything so it is hard to say that this will do that and that will do this.

I know much of my planning of my own system is to seperate each part of it as I mainly uses streaming so focus is on that. The etherREGEN provide a solution to seperate my network part from the audio part.

After my questions to John Swenson I decided to use a LAN cable from etherREGEN to my dCS Network bridge that only have the shield connected at the dCS so that there was no possible way to create a loop between my network and audio equipment via the shield (a shield connection is often connected to -0V). My dCS is the only thing in my audio system that is grounded so it is natural to have the shield in the LAN cable connected at the reciever end hence the Network Bridge.

This is my system today. I owned a system with SOtM before but decided to loose the spagetti solution and just use the dCS.

Much of my LAN cables is from Ghent audio but as they just use regular Belden cables I decided to build the last piece from etherREGEN to dCS on my own with a bulk cable that a very well named producer uses and apply Telegärtners new MFP 8.1 connectors to it. As I wrote before the shield is not connected in the connector at the etherREGEN. 

This is my aproche to solve my system with different ways to isolate the seperate parts of both the network and audio part. I know there are many ways to do this but this is my way and to my ears it sounds really good. 

And last of all a Merry Christmas  Rolleyes
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by octaviars - 25-Dec-2019, 17:39