Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
I am new to this thread.

I am currently using a Mojo tuned Mac mini as a source connected with an audio grade Acoustic Review ethernet cable to a Netgear hub, then from the hub another acoustic review ethernet cable into the D250 Pro CI. The music is stored on an SSD connected to the Mac Mini by USB.

After years without changes to the system I had the chance to acquire new speakers and decided to re-open the topic of system optimization... :-)

I am looking at the source/networking aspect. I am thinking of adding an EtherREGEN. The most sensible location to do so is seems to me to be between the Mac mini (A side) and the Devialet (B side). Does this make sense and has someone tried this?

I see that some here are using a Mutec REF10 also. Is this connected to the EtherREGEN to increase the accuracy of its clock? I believe there is no way to drive the clock of the Devialet itself also with the Ref10 is there?

Thank you.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by bernardl - 13-Apr-2020, 06:35