Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
Thanks a lot Confused and David for having taken the time to write such a detailed and thorough answer. This is really much appreciated. Thanks also for pointing me to the WB thread in which I have just posted a comment about the One Evolution that I find truly outstanding.

Yes, you are correct about network connection. That's how I would have to configure it with the current Mac Mini. But I am in fact considering at the same time to replace my Mac Mini by a Mojo Deja Vu V2 (about to be released) with an upgraded ethernet card with 2 ports. I was thinking of connecting one to the Netgear router (it's also feeding an Apple TV, my TV itself, a PS4 and a Sony Bluray 4K player) and the other one to the EtherREGEN.

Continuing my investigation I have come accross the new Melco S100 (a Japanese product that will cost "only" 1300 Euros in Japan when it ships later April) and I am now thinking about that option too that would enable me to replace the Netgear and just have one one single switch instead of having 2. System simplication is one of the reasons that took me to the Devialet in the first place and is now getting me interested in the Mojo Deja vu since the power supply is internal and my external USB drive could be replaced by an internal PCIe SSD without any cable. 3 less boxes (USB drive, its PSU and Mac mini external PSU) and 2 cables less. I would just have to use a single ethernet port on the Deja vu in this case.

The EtherREGEN would increase the complexity while the Melco wouldn't. Obviously it's more expensive, but as much here as in Japan and it removes the dangerous temptation of adding a Ref10 at a later stage... :-)

Anyway, thanks again for your super valuable inputs! :-)

Best regards,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by bernardl - 14-Apr-2020, 02:48