Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers
@Damon , if you're looking for a cheaper alternative the following might be an option.  Although it doesn't look anywhere near as nice...

Yesterday I received my Od'A back from Paris and the shelf on my temporary rack wasn't wide enough. So I cut a larger piece of form ply and instead of screwing it on I glued it with 5 small dots of silicon. I put some temporary 4mm packers in between so it dried without sagging so now the top shelf is vibration controlled. All for the price of 5 small blobs of silicon.

I also have silicon feet under my Mac mini but that one took some 'preparation'. A few years back I used silicon to glue in some large timber windows in a steel frame. It took multiple tubes and I had a mate helping me. He handed me the new tubes and he put the old ones upside down in the box, with the nozzle removed. When a while ago all 12 tubes were finally used, I threw the box out. Since the box is cardboard and the tubes are not, I had to separate them. As I pulled the tubes out, there turned out to be a small perfectly cylindrical bit of silicon stuck to the box. It was the leftover bit in the screw part of the tube. I had 3 that I could use so I cut them to size and put them under the Mac. Again, cheap as chips but it does the job.

I have no idea whether it makes any difference in sound quality. I do know though, that the Od'A sounds incredible after upgrade and the Mac has a little more room to breathe and stay cool.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers - by Wdw - 01-Dec-2018, 21:51
RE: IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers - by Pim - 28-Dec-2018, 23:21