Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers
(02-Feb-2019, 20:34)mdconnelly Wrote: IsoAcoustics OREA Bronze are in the house!   Just got 2 sets of three for each of my 220 Pros (e.g. 440 Pro).   I have them setup separately so I put 3 OREAs under each - one in front and two in rear.   I don't want to exaggerate what I hear, but to my ears and in my system, the difference (improvement) was pretty obvious with the first track I listened to.   Better clarity and bigger soundstage.   More air between instruments and voices.  While this is not night and day difference, it is a very nice improvement.    What surprised the most was the improvement in top-end clarity and harmonic decay.   The extended shimmer of cymbals, decay of plucked strings or taps on triangles... was quite noticeable and unexpected.  

Prior to using the OREAs, I had my Expert Pros sitting on slabs of granite which sit on top of a Salamander cabinet.   The OREAs now sit between granite and Expert Pros.

I ordered these thru The Cable Company in the US which offered a 30 day return if they I didn't like them.    After just a few days, I'm certain they aren't going back!

So now I'm contemplating the GAIA II speaker feet.   About twice as pricey but still.... (damn, got that itch again ;-)

Glad to hear your report.  Your experience closely resembles ours.  Within a few bars of the first "test" song that are inclined to use for A/B comparisons we each looked at other in disbelief.....the separation was so evident and we also noticed a tightening of the bass articulation.  Quite an amazing improvement for very little dough.

Messages In This Thread
IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers - by Wdw - 01-Dec-2018, 21:51
RE: IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers - by Wdw - 02-Feb-2019, 21:55