Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers
(07-Apr-2019, 17:59)mdconnelly Wrote:
(07-Apr-2019, 17:40)awkaplan Wrote:
(07-Apr-2019, 15:48)mdconnelly Wrote: IsoAcoustics has three OREA models, each designed for different weight loads.   The Bronze are for the lightest load with a weight cap of 8 lbs each making use of 3 of them ideal for an Expert Pro.   The next weight design is the Indigo with a weight cap of 16 lbs each and the third is the Bordeaux with a weight cap of 32 lbs.    I don't know of a IsoAcoustics Burgundy design, but I would agree that if you bought OREAs for a much heavier weight, it will have minimal benefit for the Expert Pro.

Burgundy/Bordeaux—mixed them up.  That said, there's a performance curve on the IsoAcoustics site regarding weight load/performance.  Yes, there's a minor dip at the lower weights with the Bordeaux pucks.  Are they robust?  Yes.  Are they overkill?  Possibly.  Could they possibly underperform as compared to one of the lighter pucks?  I don't know.  Maybe I'll call IsoAcoustics and ask.  *shrugs*

Good point on the performance curves.   While the Bordeaux does drop at the lighter weights, it not nearly as dramatic as I thought.   Sorry I missed that.   I've found IsoAcoustics to be quite responsive so drop them an email and see what they say.      How that would translate to sound quality is anyone's guess (but if it were me, I think I'd always wonder ;-)

Yeah, my guy wouldn't ship me something if it were a completely idiotic move.  There's quite a bit of pushback on my part before I make any purchase, and this has been the smallest of our transactions.  I even suggested four when three were suggested initially as an alternative to a prior isolation.  I'll drop IsoAcoustics a line, and if they tell me that I've made an error, I'll swap them out when I get a chance and post accordingly.

Messages In This Thread
IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers - by Wdw - 01-Dec-2018, 21:51
RE: IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers - by awkaplan - 07-Apr-2019, 18:08