Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers
(13-Apr-2019, 05:42)NickTMS Wrote: Hi, There is a calculator on the IsoAcoustics web site that advises which GAIA's are best suited for your speakers. For the Olympica's you need standard sizes for the back and longer threaded GAIA's for the front. Here's the link  
http://www.isoacoustics.com/calculator/#/step2

Because the spike mounting plate on the bottom of the Olympicas is parallel to the base of the speaker, if you try to tilt the speaker, the Gaias won’t sit flat on the floor, unless they are articulated in some way.
The thread of the Gaias doesn’t appear to be articulated, but is the bottom pad that connects with the floor?
Edit: Good news! I’ve just looked at a video by Streaky, on the Isoacoustics site, and the bottom pad is indeed articulated which means that you can preserve the back tilt of the Olympicas. There is also another very persuasive demo on the same site. I could hear the difference just listening on my iPad.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England

Messages In This Thread
IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers - by Wdw - 01-Dec-2018, 21:51
RE: IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers - by Axel - 14-Apr-2019, 02:03