Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers
Thank you for your elaborate answer David. I understand what you are saying. My interest in the IsoAcoustics Orea series was triggered, when I experienced the effect of their Gaia II under my speakers first hand. By isolating my speakers, I can now hear a lot more microdetail in highs, mids and lows. This just made me ponder if adding some Orea's under my components could have an added effect.

I was well aware that my speakers made the floor resonate. So looking for a solution, I bought myself two sets of Gaia II last month. I am pretty impressed what they have done for the sound. The Gaia's seem to have cured the floor from resonating with the speakers. Since my components are not in a proper hifi rack, but instead on top of a wooden side table, I am sure this had an effect before. Indeed my CO inenten don't have any moving parts and I am not playing vinyl, so I am just looking for a way to decouple from a possibly vibrating surrounding. Either from Vibration by walking in the room (wooden Floors) or from other components and was wondering where to start. I am prepared to experiment ofcourse what decoupler works best, but am always in for some experience sharing before I take my next step. As you state, these Orea's (as are the Gaia's) are designated to work best with a certain weight. Experimenting would mean loaning three types (x3) because of the weight of the components, so am still interested in the experience audio_eng had when adding them to his system before asking my dealer if he will loan me some.

I am well aware there are no generic, straight answers in these matters. Part of the fun is talking about what could work and share experiences. I just might reach out to my dealer and try them all this Christmas holiday. If I do, I will report back ofcourse.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers - by Wdw - 01-Dec-2018, 21:51
RE: IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers - by kerkhoffd - 05-Dec-2019, 14:16