Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers
(09-Jan-2021, 02:40)ICUDoc Wrote: I tried to build some DIY isolation platforms for my D440ProCI.
Ended up with:
three BDR cones under
two large floor tiles welded together with silicon sealant under
a thick and heavy rubber pad under
an MDF sheet epoxied to a carbon fibre veneer sheet under
3 IsoAcoustic Orea Bronze under
each Dev Expert Pro 440CI.
My idea was to have a stack of materials with vast impedance mismatch to minimise vibration transfer.
The result? Sonically, not much better, maybe no better, than IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze alone. I did some tests with an iPhone vibration meter- not calibrated but it gave the impression that the whole stack wasn't doing much. I was surprised by these two findings.
Then, just because they were literally lying on the floor next to the amps, I tried four IsoAcoustics Puck MiniMonitor Isolation pads, one under each of the Devialets' feet, replacing the 3 Orea Bronze which had been under the amps in a triangle configuration..
And suddenly, everything improved again- spaciousness, holography, separation.
So now I need to buy two more Orea Bronze to make four under each amp, to see if that is a further step up.
Very surprising, but if you have both Orea Bronze and Mini pucks I urge you to try them to see what you think.
Happy listening!

That is interesting.   I'm currently using 3 Orea Bronze under each Expert Pro in my 440, but now you've got me wondering about how well isolated the 4 Expert Pro feet may be and how that might be the place to put the Bronze.    Please keep us posted on your findings.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers - by Wdw - 01-Dec-2018, 21:51
RE: IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers - by mdconnelly - 09-Jan-2021, 16:59