Poll: Are you considering a Dac-less streamer for your Devialet?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No - I'm happy with AIR or other computer-based solution
29.03%
54 29.03%
No - I already own one
38.71%
72 38.71%
Yes!
32.26%
60 32.26%
Total 186 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dac-less streamer survey!
(02-Mar-2015, 01:43)MDB Wrote:
(01-Mar-2015, 20:24)Womaz Wrote: Would be interested to hear how you get on if you go for the Lumin D1. I am looking to get a Dev 200 possibly but just had the bad news that my existing network player does not have a digital out. So I now have to build in a new one into my already stretched budget. The D1 is therefore something i am looking at.

The D1 is very hard to get outside of Asia from what I'm hearing.   Might have to go for the T-1 instead.  

The D1 is in stock now apparently.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
It is perfectly possible to stream Hi-Res music files from Qobuz or Tidal. It is another matter that the Devialet user interface is inadequate.
(12-Mar-2015, 12:52)Shantanu Wrote: It is perfectly possible to stream Hi-Res music files from Qobuz or Tidal. It is another matter that the Devialet user interface is inadequate.

It's a bit harsh to say that the user interface is inadequate: as far as I know the remote app was not designed to support streaming from Internet services, and never claimed to do so.  When Spark supports the Expert Line it should support streaming Qobuz and Tidal directly to the amp, I believe.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(12-Mar-2015, 12:52)Shantanu Wrote: It is perfectly possible to stream Hi-Res music files from Qobuz or Tidal. It is another matter that the Devialet user interface is inadequate.

There are a number of ways you can stream hi-res files to your Devialet.

If you are referring to the online streaming services from Qobuz or Tidal, they are not hires, but CD quality FLACs.
You can stream hires via AIR or via USB from any number of applications on a PC or Mac.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
From what I read, Sonos Connect digital out is 'DAC-Free' and according to measurement test by Stereophile, it is basically bit-perfect when volume set to fixed and output to Devialet via digital out. No special mod is required for better sounding as the internal clock inside Devialet will take4 care of any jitter/timing issue by reclocking the bitstream.

But of course, Connect can only handle 16/44.1 files. But its music services offering is the best by far in terms of variety and availability.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(12-Mar-2015, 12:04)Shantanu Wrote: Try as much as I can, I cannot figure out how to use the Remote app on my iPhone or iPad to stream Spotify or Tidal to my Devialet. I can only stream the music that is stored on the iPhone/Pad using "My Music"

Does anyone else think that the Remote App and the "in-built streamer" are woefully inadequate?

I know that I can stream from my Macbook using AIR but since I do a lot of late lnight listening in my bedroom, having a laptop screen open is out of the question.

My questions are:

1. Am I missing a trick?

2. Am I better off getting a SONOS Connect and use a digital out from the SONOS (avoiding the inbuilt DAC) - the SONOS integrates not just a host of music streaming services but also internet radio stations and much more

3. I am also prepared to consider (better) alternatives to the Sonos provided they have (minimum) all the SONOS functionalities (integration of music streaming services and internet radio) and do not require me to use three apps on two devices simultaneously and has a digital out so that I can continue to use the Devialet DAC.

Really disappointed with the Devialet Streamer

Sad Sad Sad

AFAIK the Devialet App has never been claimed to or advertised as being capable of streaming from the internet.
It is, and always has been since first announced, for sending music sfrom a computer or smart device to the Devialet.
If anybody told you otherwise they are ignorant and should not be offering advice.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(25-Feb-2015, 09:08)Jnan_devi Wrote:
(25-Feb-2015, 08:43)amabrok Wrote:
(25-Feb-2015, 05:54)Jnan_devi Wrote: Thanks Amabrok! updated my spread sheet

Updated list of Network Players (no priority at this time, i m sure folks on the forum already has some preference already)

Totaldac D1
Aurender X100
Bryston BDP-1/2
Aria steamer
Aria mini
Auralic Aries 
Aurender N 
Antipodes DX, DV
Melco N1A
NAD M50
3D Lab Nano Transport
Pioneer N-70 streamer
Denon DNP
Yamaha NP
i will add Weiss man301 without Dac in this list........but seems nobody has listened to this one in this forum......
Having recently introduced a Moon Mind 180 "DAC-less" streamer in the mix has been a major improvement over a computer based solution and in my opinion, AIR.
Naim NAC-N 272 ➣ Naim XPSDR ➣ Naim NAP 200DR  ➣ Kudos Super 10 ➣ Siltech Explorer 90L  (Montreal, CA)
Deleted my earlier post to save some space and to add Moon Mind. Again not in any order of quality nor biased.
I wish I could change my vote for a "Yes" Smile . Could not wait for the AIR improvement hence went ahead with Bluesound Node.

Totaldac D1
Aurender X100, N1A
Bryston BDP-1/2
Melco N1A, NIZ
Aria steamer
Aria mini
Auralic Aries
Antipodes DX, DV
NAD M50
3D Lab Nano Transport
Moon Mind 180

Ignore Their internal DAC, These Costs less hence put them here.
Pioneer N-70 streamer
Denon DNP
Yamaha NP
Weiss man301
Sonos Connect
Bluesound Node
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
Can add one more Raumfeld Connector (DAC included).
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier