Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR and Win10
(14-Sep-2015, 15:00)AlexS Wrote: Given that Windows 10 will undergo many more changes in the future (since it's still relatively immature), and that Devialet is NOT likely to provide an update to AIR (I've inquired on the status of AIR developments recently, and was told that while they still plan to work on fixing AIR in the future, their current focus is getting Dialogue to work for the Expert line), the wisest course of action may be to reverse to Windows 7/8. And if you do, make sure you uninstall KB3035583, which by itself is highly suspect WN-wise.

Ian has reported on a different thread that disconnecting Internet solved WN for him, at least, temporarily. This is for the MAC, and may not be relevant for PC users, but it still makes me think that the consequence of disconnecting Internet may be disabling Software updates/checks for such updates. I did an experiment lately: when Windows just checks for updates, my CPU usage occasionally goes well above 50% Now imagine, if the CPU was in a power saving state, this sudden increase of CPU usage may well affect AIR's ability to get the correct clocking info.
The bottom line: I've now disabled auto-checks for Windows updates, and am monitoring. Running your PC in a high-power mode could be another good measure, but I'm saving it for the last.
If all these measures fail, I'll be purchasing a MAC Mini.

What rubbish - my PC has worked perfectly with no WN since upgrading to Win 10 and it did not before with both W8.1 and W7
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Nick, I believe you. Can you share with us the PC made, OS, Ethernet/wifi, built in Ethernet adapter or addon, router brand/model, etc. we can all try to build a reliable PC/Mac music server for Devialet with AIR. I'm getting very close to WN free, with occasional pop/stutters which can be easily resolved by recycling the source input.

Thanks in advance for any clue to improve our systems.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(14-Sep-2015, 15:25)NickB Wrote: What rubbish - my PC has worked perfectly with no WN since upgrading to Win 10 and it did not before with both W8.1 and W7

The only rubbish here is your statement. We all know that this problem is computer/configuration specific. For some, AIR works OK even with Windows 7/8. I've not tried Windows 10 myself yet (I'll wait till it's stable), but my point was that if one's started to experience issues with Windows 10, it may be wiser to revert to the previous version, as one is not likely to get AIR updates from Devialet at this point.
JRiver MC20 --> Devialet 250 Expert Pro --> KEF Blades II
(15-Sep-2015, 15:10)AlexS Wrote:
(14-Sep-2015, 15:25)NickB Wrote: What rubbish - my PC has worked perfectly with no WN since upgrading to Win 10 and it did not before with both W8.1 and W7

The only rubbish here is your statement. We all know that this problem is computer/configuration specific. For some, AIR works OK even with Windows 7/8. I've not tried Windows 10 myself yet (I'll wait till it's stable), but my point was that if one's started to experience issues with Windows 10, it may be wiser to revert to the previous version, as one is not likely to get AIR updates from Devialet at this point.

Sorry Alex but all the users on this forum who have upgraded to W10 have had a better experience with both connectivity and SQ with AIR.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
I have done everything to get AIR working. Bought a NUC, direct Ethernet from NUC (Windows 10) to Devialet. Stutter and White noise were still present. Sold my AQ Diamond ethernet cable and went for USB. Best Decision so far! No white noise no stutter. Soud Quality is on par with AIR. Use JRiver 21 as audio server
Devialet 220pro - Sonus Faber Olympica II - Moon Neo 260D - Oppo BDP103 - Lessloss DFPC Signature - Lessloss Firewall - Intel NUC - AQ USB Coffee

The Netherlands
Haha. Good move on selling your AQ Diamond Ethernet cable. You save some money there. A normal Cat6E or 7 cable will work the same.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

On a well setup and balanced system a trained listener can certainly hear improvements. Not night and day but still valuable for many. I've personally owned the Diamond RJ/E as well (before my switch to USB) and I liked what it did very much. There's others as well, see the thread started elsewhere.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Agree, Diamond Ethernet would still be in my system if AIR would actually work.From now on it is USB
Devialet 220pro - Sonus Faber Olympica II - Moon Neo 260D - Oppo BDP103 - Lessloss DFPC Signature - Lessloss Firewall - Intel NUC - AQ USB Coffee

The Netherlands
I have been using Air since the original release. Wireless it was a pain in the butt but since I started using the Ethernet interface sound and stability have improved greatly. White noise never occurs today. I can have my system playing music days in a row without any white noise problem. That happens though is that when the clock drift of the computer software is too great, klicking sounds appear. When this happens I just restart iTunes and the problem is gone. If the computer been running uninterupted for weeks, I restart the computer as well.

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk
- Proud Devialet owner since 2011!

Main system:
Devialet D250 Pro, Magico Q3 speakers, Shunyata Anaconda speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma HC power cable/Shunyata Cyklops V2 power conditioner/Shunyata Digital power cable, Shunyata DF-SS cable lifters, Jenving CAT8+ Ethernet cables, Auralic Aries Mini with SBoost power supply, Shunyata Venom USB.

Working at Akkelis Audio in Gothenburg, Sweden
I had just had a clean reinstallation of Win10 Pro onto my NUC. Let me tell you, the SQ improvement over a Win10 upgrade on Win7/8 systems is great. You should do a clean Win10 reinstallation on your music server/player. It's worth it! And, this is before any further optimization with Fidelizer, etc.