Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR and Win10
(18-Sep-2015, 15:30)hk6230 Wrote: I had just had a clean reinstallation of Win10 Pro onto my NUC. Let me tell you, the SQ improvement over a Win10 upgrade on Win7/8 systems is great. You should do a clean Win10 reinstallation on your music server/player. It's worth it! And, this is before any further optimization with Fidelizer, etc.

Were you having the crashing and blue screen problems? If so, does this seem to have fixed them?
Yes my NUC crashed and rebooted many times so I decided to reinstall Win10, clean install, to see if it will solve the problem.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

I have a NUC with WIN10+Roon+Fidelizer connected via AIR ethernet to my Devialet.
Runs perfect and no white noise on 16/44.But playing hires files files white noise occurs occasionally.
Devialet 200->Audience Conductor SE Speaker Cable->Dali Epicon 2
Weirdly, mine has started behaving itself again. I'd been away for a few days and today there seems to be no more crashing. I did get some stuttering after an hour or so but that's easily dealt with by changing source and then back to air, a lot better than windows crashing after 2-3 songs.

I haven't changed anything so possibly another windows update has improved things?

Cheers

Chris
Well, this situation will only last maybe a few days, and problem will return. I had encountered this situation, too. Similarly, I have yet to encounter reboot due to AIR device driver problem after I had reinstalled my Win10. Still monitoring the situation.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Hi guys

Quick update here, mine has now been working ok, playing everything thrown at it and only had stuttering a couple of times over the past month. No white noise and you can clear the stuttering easily by cycling the input.

Whatever happened in Windows that broke Air has now gone. I've got defender turned off and a few other settings tweaked and it seems to be working well, I'm now running roon.

Cheers

Chris
Chris, I assumed you are using AIR2.1.4b4. If you are I'm going to give you another surprise. Uninstall AIR 2.1.4b4 and reinstall 2.1.3. This is AIR perfection.

I have been testing 2.1.3 with Win10 for about 2 weeks now. I was hesitating to share it here until now as I wanted to make sure it is perfect as I had experienced for the last two weeks. Not even stuttering. Have fun and enjoy!

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Thanks

Yes, I am running the beta, I tried 2.13 when everything was broken but went back to the beta when it didn't fix it.

I'll give 2.13 another try, we may get there yet with Air!

Cheers

Chris
Today, I even tried another Win10 notebook with AIR 2.1.3 wifi streaming online lossless FLAC music (16/44.1) for over 3 hours, and no dropout, stuttering or white noises. The notebook, btw, is wirelessly connected to another router which is different from the router that connects my Le200. That's how robust AIR 2.1.3 with Win10 now. My notebook is Acer Aspire 5750G, i7 2670QM CPU, 8GB RAM, and is more than 4 years old.

For me I still get white noise with air and Win10 even on a dedicated PC. I just wonder if Hires music is worthwile. I arrive to the conclusion that CD format is sufficient for my old ears (65yo) as I hardly hear difference compared to hires. To be pragmatic I will say that AirPlay and Airport Express is a very good solution. It is universal, OS native, good SQ and 100 % reliable ... so what else ?