Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Branch
(04-Jan-2016, 23:01)Johnnydev Wrote:
(17-Dec-2015, 09:57)MountainGuy Wrote: Beautiful!!  Can you angle the speakers up and down?  Or is it locked in only one angle?   And if it can change angle, how much room?  Thanks.

No, the top of the branch is horizontal
You can not angel the speakers up or down
It is locked in one angel

I understand that the top of the Branch is horizontal. The shape of the Phantoms themselves tilts the front of the speakers upwards and since there is no way to change the angle (despite Devialet's marketing BS), they end up firing at an angle that seems much higher than the listener's ears.
I always understood Devialet's "adjusted with millimeter accuracy" claim to mean that, after some testing, they had identified the "best" angle/height for the whole setup, not that it would be adjustable by the end-user.
...but how do they know how high your sofa or chair is, or how tall you are? ;-)
Some speakers are best listened to off axis. People are of remarkably the same height when sitting down (it's mostly legs that account for variations in height ). The usually small differences can usually be compensated for by the seat's distance from the speakers.
They are perfect and it sounds a lot better, more "high-end" sound.
I am very happy with them
(05-Jan-2016, 00:33)Gremlin Wrote: Some speakers are best listened to off axis. People are of remarkably the same height when sitting down (it's mostly legs that account for variations in height ). The usually small differences can usually be compensated for by the seat's distance from the speakers.

Gremlin, agree with you. This is the only reason I can find for the upward angle of the Phantom. However, until we see some extensive measurements, similar to those found in Stereophile, it is just speculation.
Hello,

It seems that actual Branch is having different design - thickness of the ring increased and they look shorter. Unfortunately, I found that they look much less good as compared to those on your photograph...

Perhaps they should show them again to a good designer ?

Waiting for Gecko - when it will be available ?

Best wishes for 2016

Andrzej
(02-Jan-2016, 20:41)mixart Wrote: Yes, you pull something back, so the hook on the bottom of the Phantom will be release. Very easy.

Can you please explain how to release the hook exactly ? Thanks.
(07-Jan-2016, 02:47)Syver Wrote:
(09-Oct-2015, 08:14)Johnnydev Wrote: no the are nog using the Bluetooth for the remote

(08-Oct-2015, 21:41)seb Wrote: Hhm. Has been a while since 1.4.0.5 was released and then pulled. Has anybody "sources" when to expect the next firmware update? Apparently I am on 1.4.0.5 and I also encounter this Left/Right phase shifting as well as sometimes loosing me Left Phantom. Did not check the Left Right via Optical though.

Devialet promised me that an update was coming this week. Might not be before sunday, but should be this week. No major features this time. Only small bug fixes that came with the last update that was pulled. He assured me that everyone would get notification of the new update even if you updated the one that got pulled shortly after release. Hopefully they are planning to release a major update soon. I am really awaiting Spotify integration since that is the only streaming service I use and want to use. By the way I would like to add that I finally received my Phantom remote. Much easier to set the volume now. Even with the new (progressive) volume controls they put in last time. Wondering how long the batteries last though since I suspect they are using bluetooth connection between the remote and the Phantoms.

(02-Jan-2016, 20:41)mixart Wrote: Yes, you pull something back, so the hook on the bottom of the Phantom will be release. Very easy.

Can you please explain how to release the hook exactly ? Thanks.

[img]webkit-fake-url://bce419cf-1d9d-429d-9fe1-92c7f471c5ec/imagejpeg[/img]
I picked up my Branch stands yesterday.
I had been using my Phantoms on a pair of Apollo stands which I used with LS3/5a speakers for decades. I did this since they sounded poor to me on a table.

The Branch stands are lower than the Apollos but the sound quality is definitely improved, probably because the tweeters are nearer the axis of my ear - with the Appolos the speakers fired over my head.

They were slightly fiddly to assemble and mount, Ian's advice helped here, but the cabling is much neater now and much preferable to me, though anathema to cable freaks.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire