Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Branch
(11-Feb-2016, 09:25)Johnnydev Wrote:
(11-Feb-2016, 01:52)kameraguy Wrote:
(10-Feb-2016, 10:16)jonstatt Wrote: The cable management is a nightmare. Once it is assembled, it is a work of art in terms of neatness. I found, as recommended by another poster, that it is easier to put the Phantom upside down on a soft mat or carpet, and then dock the branch to the Phantom, preferably with a second person helping you with taking up the cable slack as you connect it up. I didn't connect up the Ethernet cables as I will never use it that way, so I just did the power and optical. As for bass response changes, this is more likely due to the different mass of the stand rather than the coupling. The Phantom only locks at the front to the stand. You will notice if you try and lift the rear of the Phantom that it does lift up a bit. So in reality it is quite close to sitting on the stand. But the mass of the stand can have a significant effect on bass response.

Ah, you have a point, it must be the mass of the stands. My previous stands were cast iron but not nearly as heavy.

Yes indeed it sounds better with the branch
I rang a local dealer to ask whether he could supply a pair of branch stands in white. He told me he couldn't supply any type of branch stand as he couldn't get them. He also told me that the price of the wood effect model has gone up to £329 each. So it would appear that they can't supply them and the price has gone up at least twice. I appreciate Devialet are a French company and my experience of French business' is that they couldn't organise a drink in a brewery but this is getting to farce level. They seem able to produce the Phantom with no problem one would have thought a stand would be child's play in comparison.
Just got an e-mail from Devialet (05 minutes ago) telling me that they have received limited Branch stock at their main Paris store (126 rue Réaumur).

Orders can be placed on +33 1 44 88 27 26 or through emmanuel.mougnol@devialet.com.
I also got such email. But Devialet already promissed me delivery of Branch in spring last year, then summer, again in autumn and also by december 2015. And each time they didn't keep their promisse... By now I do not trust them any longer. Apparently they have good engineers and designers, but totally unreliable salespersons / customerservice representatives.
Besides this, I recently found a store with Branch in stock. They were willing to sell me a set Smile
Happy Phantom user since april 2015 (currently 2 Gold Phantom, Dialog, Branch/Tree) with Tidal hifi.
Just set my solver phantoms on there branch stands.
Such an improvement!
They sound so solid and spacious sound stage much extended. Great engineering worth ever cent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously meant Silver!

(17-Feb-2016, 23:09)davidadamson Wrote: Just set my solver phantoms on there branch stands.
Such an improvement!
They sound so solid and spacious sound stage much extended. Great engineering worth ever cent

Congratulations!
What did you use previously?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
vmi stands

Yes with branch is much better And Try the master set up then it's again better!

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=64321.0
new white branch

https://store.devialet.com/eu_en/branch-82.html