Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Configurator Upload Error
What is the current situation with Devialet Configurator? Is it working or not? In my case I am seriously concerning to replace my 220 Pro if Devialet cannot anymore support their hardware.
Contributing Editor, Hifimaailma -Magazine Finland
(31-Jul-2023, 09:05)jparvio Wrote: What is the current situation with Devialet Configurator? Is it working or not? In my case I am seriously concerning to replace my 220 Pro if Devialet cannot anymore support their hardware.

I’ve never had a problem. I can’t make it any clearer than that.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Thanks Pim. All seems to be fine with the Configurator now.
Contributing Editor, Hifimaailma -Magazine Finland
Weird: I can edit an existing configuration that was saved before online in my Devialet profile.
Saving it locally on my harddrive makes it impossible to open it again.
Also all my old settings that I try to import from my harddisk give the same error.
Am I the only one with this problem?
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(02-Aug-2023, 13:01)Cylob Wrote: Weird: I can edit an existing configuration that was saved before online in my Devialet profile.
Also all my old settings that I try to import from my harddisk give the same error.

This is excactly the problem for which I have started this thread and contacted Devialet support. Nothing has changed so far. I will ask support again next week, which is 5 weeks after their last reply then.
(02-Aug-2023, 13:43)Joe Wrote:
(02-Aug-2023, 13:01)Cylob Wrote: Weird: I can edit an existing configuration that was saved before online in my Devialet profile.

This is excactly the problem for which I have started this thread and contacted Devialet support. Nothing has changed so far. I will ask support again next week, which is 5 weeks after their last reply then.

Fingers crossed... Not holding my breath though! 🤞
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
I noticed also problems with the active crossover but those seems to be fixed during this week. All ok now.
It is just epic to watch this thread and how people keep supporting Devialet even without reading what is the problem. It is just sad that as consumers we don’t have a unified voice to ask something legit because we keep sharing random voices that misleads without facts and people come and read if this was an opinionated discussion. I am sure majority of the problems we report in this forum are received as opinions of people instead of bugs to be solved thanks to the random noise we have in the threads. Maybe we should open a new section called Bugs/Issues and have a template to file the bug and then people could stop coming randomly and repeat how good is their unit.
When uploading an existing .cfg file from your computer, ensure that you are not using a browser that does not automatically modify web pages (an example is Brave) as it can truncate the CRC value in the text file, causing Devialet's computer to generate an error message
               Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Mercury Pi2 & Gentoo,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  ML Electromotion, REL sub.  2 x Dachshunds
So is configurator ploblems fixed ?
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,