Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Configurator Upload Error
And why do you care?
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

Update: After asking about the issue again, Devialet support did answer me, that the responsible team is still working on fixing it, but it takes so long, cause they are several problems with the configurator.
(21-Aug-2023, 19:01)Joe Wrote: Update: After asking about the issue again, Devialet support did answer me, that the responsible team is still working on fixing it, but it takes so long, cause they are several problems with the configurator.

Yea, like the same problems that have been reported to them for the last couple years I think.   Good to keep pestering!  Thank you for following up.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Haha now some programmer realizes that the online configurator has been quite a mess over the years.
Keep pinging the support and keep us updated.
Update: Devialet support closed my case as I could generate a satisfying configuration from scratch without open and edit an existing configuration. For this they did even read my old config files in text mode to give me instructions how I can make a config from scratch to meet this old configuration. As well they told me, that the web team is complete now again, and they continue to fix the online configurator problems. I will get informed when the fixes are completed.
Well good to hear.
Did you ask them also about the longtime not delivered firmware update?
It seems they've fixed the problem I had with the configurator.
I can now open an old config file from my computer in the configurator. Make some changes.
Then save the file locally again. And then open it in the configurator without any errors.

I haven't loaded the config file into my Devialet though.
Too afraid somehow: I don't wanna mess with a device that's working for now.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
This is one of the things that is so frustrating with Devialet. If they did make a change - any change - to the configurator, why do they not communicate that with their registered customers or on their website? I have purposely avoided making any changes to my configurations because of configurator issues that I've had in the past and hesitant to do so now.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Durham, NC USA
Well, you can retain your reliable configuration SD card file you happily use and mess about with a second SD card file to your hearts content. If the second doesn’t work for whatever reason, you can simple fall back on your reliable SD card. Simples.
Qobuz, roon RAAT, Audiostore Prestige XL Optical, Synology NAS. Devialet Expert 250 Pro C/I. World Audio Design (DIY) KLS3 MkIII speakers, upgraded crossover and SEAS T25CF002 Millennium tweeters. Ethernet. Blue Jeans (Belden 5000) 10 gauge 5T00UP speaker cable.
(16-Sep-2023, 20:51)Greg Wrote: Well, you can retain your reliable configuration SD card file you happily use and mess about with a second SD card file to your hearts content. If the second doesn’t work for whatever reason, you can simple fall back on your reliable SD card. Simples.

Sure, and that's what I've done in the past.  But each time I've had to start with a brand new configuration because all attempts to edit existing ones has failed or at least, been suspect.   Because of that, I really don't want to mess with it since what I have is working.  However, if Devialet were to announce and detail the fixes made, I would be far less wary of doing so.  Pretty sure I'm not the only one having this concern...
Durham, NC USA