Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When will 'Branch' be available?
Yeah I thought the remote had e-ink too didn't know they changed it and I though the stands were supposed to look like roman pillars. Guess I'm out of the loop but they do look better with the new design.
(05-Sep-2015, 10:30)Yannick Wrote:
(05-Sep-2015, 10:19)jaykay1967 Wrote: There are lots of images of the remote with an e-ink display showing play, pause, next track, previous track and volume.  Like the ones here. 

http://i.imgur.com/xn9xurj.png

I would appreciate Devialet confirming the intended functionality of its phantom remote.  volume only is akin to fraud. 

I have duo silvers (on oak stands) and a dialog.

That's just fakes...take a look at official Devialet store and you'll clearly see there's no possible doubt (https://store.devialet.com) :
Phantom Remote

Sleepy
I don't think the image of the remote with e-ink display is a "fake" as such, I can recall this immage from official Devialet sources and indeed their own website from about 9 months ago.  Clearly the image has now changed on the Devialet website, so it looks like the e-ink pictures are early Devialet mock-ups, but subsequntly the actual design of the production models has been downgraded somewhat.  Disappointing!  I was looking forward to the upgraded e-ink display equipped remote for the Expert range, but it doesn't look like that will happen now.  Plus, it does make the Phantom remote look a little pricey for what it is, in my view.
Seems to me that it's far better to use tablet or phone and get full control of the play queue, volume and source than to use this remote. But I guess that was what Devialet originally intended. My ipad mini now sits on my coffee table while listening. This is not the remote that was bandied about even just a few months ago so definitely won't be buying one.
I dont like the wood on the Branch. I think it could look much prettier, if the Branch stand comes in 2 version - 1 in white and 1 in silver instead of the wood material. I got an reservation on branch stander with my local Devialet dealer, but I'm confused now.
I suppose the most pertinent question is do the dedicated speaker stands make any difference to the sound?
(05-Sep-2015, 12:14)Confused Wrote:
(05-Sep-2015, 10:30)Yannick Wrote:
(05-Sep-2015, 10:19)jaykay1967 Wrote: There are lots of images of the remote with an e-ink display showing play, pause, next track, previous track and volume.  Like the ones here. 

http://i.imgur.com/xn9xurj.png

I would appreciate Devialet confirming the intended functionality of its phantom remote.  volume only is akin to fraud. 

I have duo silvers (on oak stands) and a dialog.

That's just fakes...take a look at official Devialet store and you'll clearly see there's no possible doubt (https://store.devialet.com) :
Phantom Remote

Sleepy
I don't think the image of the remote with e-ink display is a "fake" as such, I can recall this immage from official Devialet sources and indeed their own website from about 9 months ago.  Clearly the image has now changed on the Devialet website, so it looks like the e-ink pictures are early Devialet mock-ups, but subsequntly the actual design of the production models has been downgraded somewhat.  Disappointing!  I was looking forward to the upgraded e-ink display equipped remote for the Expert range, but it doesn't look like that will happen now.  Plus, it does make the Phantom remote look a little pricey for what it is, in my view.

GuillaumeB posted this as late as 2014-12-27: http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=617
They clearly had planned an e-ink remote but 9 months later came out with a strongly downgraded solution. What happened? Investor pressure to stress more on sales and less on R&D? Or remote has been sent back in priority because they felt remote is "nice to have" but not "must have".
Anyway, quite much disappointed, 'was waiting for it since months but this remote isn't what I expected.
Yannick

Was there any / much improvement in sound quality when you moved your Phantoms to your new Branches?

The branches are pretty expensive when compared to other stands, and I am wondering whether they are worth the extra outlay.

Having hear the Phantoms first on a flat surface, and then on stands, I have no doubt that some sort of stands are essential, or the bass sounds a bit muffled.  If I do decide to buy Phantoms next week I though I night try them initially on top of my Spendor floorstanders, and on other make-do pillars.

As the Phantoms seem to vibrate less than conventional speakers I suspect that rigid fixed stands are less important than for conventional speaker, and what is needed may only some method of keeping the Phantoms away from any flat reflecting surface.

Have you any thoughts on this?

Thanks
Andrew
(05-Sep-2015, 08:30)Yannick Wrote:
(05-Sep-2015, 00:56)Dvlt PhD Wrote: Yannick:

Thanks for the feedback.

What is the length of Branch?

Have you tried bumping into them with the Phantom on it to see what are the chances of them falling?

In terms of stability, are the Phantoms attached somehow to Branch, or simply positioned on top?

Since you use Branch now, does the the yellow power cable from Phantom becomes obsolete? are there electronic/electric connections of Branch, and where are they located?

About Remote. How do

Does the remote have a battery? What is it? Does it have manual saying how long it will last? Does Remote have an ON/OFF for Remote? Do you need to recharge a battery?

What is the Remote's material?

OK, that A LOT of questions. XD

Thanks.

One more! How does Remote connect to control volume... WiFi?

Hi,

My answers to your questions :

- Length of Branch : 63 cm

- Phantoms are stuck in this support (marked in red). It is quite stable. If you want to drop them then you will attain it  Wink

[Image: BH4qjM.jpg]

- Yes, the yellow power cable from Phantom becomes obsolete

- Electric connections of Branch are under the base

[Image: E5NQTi.jpg]

- Yes, you control volume like opening/closing a jar (no screen on Remote and no "touch/slide")

- There are two batteries in Remote :

[Image: HBtN57.jpg]

- About low battery signal :

[Image: 1RXX2k.jpg]

- Remote's material is the same as Phantom (plastic ?)

- Dont' know how Remote connect to control volume... Huh

Smile

Thank you so much, Yannick! Big Grin

-Are those 3 connections I see at the bottom of Branch?...Toslink; Power; Ethernet?

-Curious about the top of Branch that connects to Phantom; and how those cables from the bottom picture of Branch, connect to Phantom ... Also, does the Phantom heatsink really make contact with a metal part of Branch, to pass the heat? It doesn't seem so from the pics...

About Remote, it's too bad that I won't be able to pause, at least, with it. How does it feel to control the volume? Is it a nice feel? When you turn the "knob", is it sensitive, or do you have to turn it a lot, or does it feel normal?... I like the idea of seating back and control the volume easily without disconnecting my mind from the music, but for just that, I think it's crazy expensive... XD

Would love for you to report back in the future about how long the batteries last... I normally take out a similar battery from my wireless mouse, when not in use. I wonder if I should do the same with this.

Thanks, again!

Dvlt PhD

P.S.- Oh, and of course, everyone's wondering if there's a difference in sound from the implementation of Branch Tongue
Branch arrived from Harrods today. Very good product and well thought out. I had a little trouble connecting optical/ethernet and power as it's a bit tight at the speaker end. I think I should have read the instructions first before wading in.

They seem very secure on the stands as the front is held locked with a clip and the rear of the phantom sits on a foam/gel pads.

The pillar is extruded aluminium with a beige wood grain effect textured coating.

Delighted, I've now got my stools back.

[Image: PhantonOnBranch.jpg]
Thanks, superstock.

Are you looking for a 360 sound? Wondering if that's the final location for them... If they are, is the sound from the back, ok? I'm not looking for that kind of setup, but just curious, since I've read reviews online mentioning degraded sound from the back.

Would love a picture of the back of the Phantom, to see the cables from Branch connected to Phantom.

It seems like a nice shagging place you got there on the backyard...