Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When will 'Branch' be available?
(06-Sep-2015, 22:33)andrew_brown Wrote: Yannick

Was there any / much improvement in sound quality when you moved your Phantoms to your new Branches?

The branches are pretty expensive when compared to other stands, and I am wondering whether they are worth the extra outlay.

Having hear the Phantoms first on a flat surface, and then on stands, I have no doubt that some sort of stands are essential, or the bass sounds a bit muffled.  If I do decide to buy Phantoms next week I though I night try them initially on top of my Spendor floorstanders, and on other make-do pillars.

As the Phantoms seem to vibrate less than conventional speakers I suspect that rigid fixed stands are less important than for conventional speaker, and what is needed may only some method of keeping the Phantoms away from any flat reflecting surface.

Have you any thoughts on this?

Thanks
Andrew

Hi Andrew

I think there´s no improvement in sound quality with Branch. It's just a very nice stand for Phantom  Wink
Thanks, Yannick, a very clear and helpful response.

I agree that the Branches are nice, compared with other stands. I'll have a look and listen to them in the dealers, but I think I'll just buy the Phantoms and Dialogue in the mean time, and try out various placings, such as on top of my Spendors - less additional clutter for me. I can buy quite a lot of music for the cost of the Branches!

Regards, Andrew
Are the Branch stands sold and priced individually, or sold as a pair?

The UK manufacturers recommended price is showing as £299, but doesn't indicate whether that's for a single Branch or a pair.

I ask because speaker stands are usually sold as a pair, but as the Phantom can be bought and used as a single speaker, it makes sense if the Branch is sold as an individual unit.

If the price is just for a single branch, then £600 (minus £2) for a pair of stands is outrageous by any measure.
Surely they're "Avin' a Larf" so to speak?

£600 a pair. It's expensive.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Yeah, too much; I do it this way...
Let's refuse to buy them and see how Devialet will response.[Image: 48c3960bfc08b90c6fa05d77b7ef25ec.jpg]

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
(08-Sep-2015, 15:44)jvi Wrote: Let's refuse to buy them and see how Devialet will response.

I certainly won't be buying them at £600 for a pair and along with the issues around Spark, Dialog etc, I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth even buying the Phantoms themselves.

Let's hope an enterprising speaker stand manufacturer decides to produce some stands specifically designed to be used with the Phantom.

(08-Sep-2015, 15:55)Felix Wrote:
(08-Sep-2015, 15:44)jvi Wrote: Let's refuse to buy them and see how Devialet will response.

I certainly won't be buying them at £600 for a pair and along with the issues around Spark, Dialog etc, I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth even buying the Phantoms themselves.

Let's hope an enterprising speaker stand manufacturer decides to produce some stands specifically designed to be used with the Phantom.

It for sure is worth to buy the Phantoms, best as pair, as prize/quality ratio is excellent for a hifi stereo setup. Accesories are a question of taste. When you fall in love with them, buy them. If not, there are many alteratives. Buy a cheap tablet as remote, buy other stands or wall mounts for properly placing the Phantoms. As long as hifi vendors can sell cables for xx k€ I do not see why Deviatet should not also try to get $$$ for gadgets. No need to boykott them only because they try to capitalize on accessories. My opinion.
@streamy. Like I said...don't buy them.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
These fit and are cheap (the clear glass ones are a better match)

https://www.vidaxl.co.uk/p/50139/aluminu...glass-2pcs
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Hmm, well the Branch price was surprisingly high so I have chosen the following at £149!!!

Specs here: http://www.qacoustics.co.uk/concept-20-hifi-stand.htm

And a few photos with Silver Phantoms atop.
nb - these show the stands without the supplied top plate but the speakers are stable enough for little old me.

[attachment=611]

[attachment=612]

nbb - there is even a cable tidy channel, although the Phantom power cable will only fit during the stands construction which will have to wait for another day.

[attachment=613]