Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When will 'Branch' be available?
(11-Sep-2015, 18:32)alandbush Wrote: Hmm, well the Branch price was surprisingly high so I have chosen the following at £149!!!

Specs here: http://www.qacoustics.co.uk/concept-20-hifi-stand.htm

And a few photos with Silver Phantoms atop.
nb - these show the stands without the supplied top plate but the speakers are stable enough for little old me.

nbb - there is even a cable tidy channel, although the Phantom power cable will only fit during the stands construction which will have to wait for another day.

Good choice! the gelcore construction is very effective at stopping the stand "singing along". Might buy the same myself.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I have settled for these stands at £149 a pair. They are only a fraction taller and I think they look nicer.

http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/q-acoustics...Gwod34sIyw

I was going to buy the Branch stands but £600 a pair taking the urine. Same for the remote, overpriced for very little functionality.
Great minds. I don't think I will risk not using the top plates as my daughter (grown up) is a bit of a bull in a china shop.
Alandbush what CD rack is that?
(11-Sep-2015, 20:26)Butuz Wrote: Alandbush what CD rack is that?

Unusual aren't they.
Bought many, many years ago from a shop handling bespoke designs.
Shop closed many years ago and I doubt they are still made.
(11-Sep-2015, 19:21)Rodrat2 Wrote: Great minds. I don't think I will risk not using the top plates as my daughter (grown up) is a bit of a bull in a china shop.

Probably very sensible. Smile
They are only slightly wider than the Phantoms so still look good but they are much longer and obscure the cable tidy channel a little.
I am considering jerryrigging a cross shaped piece that would incorporate a slot similar to the Branch to provide more anchoring.
The Branches certainly appear to provide a bomb proof platform.

Btw - I was as impressed with the way the stand pieces were packed as I was with the Phantom packaging. The quality is also surprising excellent for the price.
I got my stands today - well happy. The advantage of Branches is that they dispense with the yellow cables and accommodate all the connections which results in a nice clean tidy presentation. Did somebody mention £600? I only paid £300 for mine, from Harrods, at the same time I bought my speakers - at the time of the UK release. I don't know if there has been a price change since
(13-Sep-2015, 07:55)stonedragon Wrote: ......Did somebody mention £600? I only paid £300 for mine, from Harrods, at the same time I bought my speakers - at the time of the UK release. I don't know if there has been a price change since

The advertising and pricing is unclear and nowhere does it say the price is for a pair of Branch stands. 

The Devialet online shop and dealer web sites just show a photo of a single stand and everything is written in the singular, including the price.

If they are sold as a pair at that price it's very good news. Unless Harrods have made an error; in which case you have got a lucky bargain. Let's hope the former is the case, but the information and online shop needs to be made clearer.
(13-Sep-2015, 08:46)Felix Wrote:
(13-Sep-2015, 07:55)stonedragon Wrote: ......Did somebody mention £600? I only paid £300 for mine, from Harrods, at the same time I bought my speakers - at the time of the UK release. I don't know if there has been a price change since

The advertising and pricing is unclear and nowhere does it say the price is for a pair of Branch stands. 

The Devialet online shop and dealer web sites just show a photo of a single stand and everything is written in the singular, including the price.

If they are sold as a pair at that price it's very good news. Unless Harrods have made an error; in which case you have got a lucky bargain. Let's hope the former is the case, but the information and online shop needs to be made clearer.

Hi

You'll find the answer here. £300 each (349€). X2 for a pair.
I am guessing end September.

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net