Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.12.5 and the problem returns
Coming back to the thread topic.
Another repeat of the issue this morning. Same left speaker and phased jitter. Only resolved by reset. Been a good few days of stable play before this. Another ticket off to Devialet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
try not a reset again, but power off for 10 seconds and on again
(24-Feb-2021, 09:54)tsmithpam Wrote: Coming back to the thread topic.
Another repeat of the issue this morning. Same left speaker and phased jitter. Only resolved by reset. Been a good few days of stable play before this. Another ticket off to Devialet

Try to ping the IP of the left speaker ? It sounds crazy but continuously pinging it made it stable for me.

2x Phantom Silver [Eth] + Remote — DOS 2.12.5
+ Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Ortofon 2M Black) with Pro-ject Tube Box S2 + Swissonic Converter AD 24/192
Sorry - can you explain what you mean by pinging? Thanks

(24-Feb-2021, 12:08)tsmithpam Wrote: Sorry - can you explain what you mean by pinging? Thanks

You'll need a computer and the IP of the Phantom. It's usually done in a terminal. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ping_(networking_utility)
2x Phantom Silver [Eth] + Remote — DOS 2.12.5
+ Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Ortofon 2M Black) with Pro-ject Tube Box S2 + Swissonic Converter AD 24/192
Hey, 

I think I've got most problems as everybody have with the Phantoms, but I recently installed a professional wifi-system from Ubiquiti on our property and since then all of my problems are gone. Before installing this system I tried a lot of different wifi-systems and with the same firmware on the speakers, they behaved differently with the different wifi-systems. So I do think that many of the problems users are experiencing have to do with the wifi at least since Firmware 2.10.00...so I you are experiencing problems it might be a good idea to invest in a better Wifi-system. The router does have an impact on the ethernet connection as well....

My system that today consists of 5 x Phantom Gold and 2 x Reactor 900 works just as well as our Sonos system (which I must agree is SO much better at software than Devialet...but lacks the sound) and all but 1 is connected via Wifi. 

Just an idea for that ones of you that have been just as frustrated with Devialet as I have....
(23-Feb-2021, 17:08)AcrossTheWaves Wrote: To go back on the topic (we kinda derived the last posts, eh); I confirm that when I stop pinging the Phantom, after a while it'll disconnect. The ethernet port is still UP, but no IP traffic goes on. As long as I resume to try pinging, after a while it'll come back and work fine— as long as I keep pinging it. Weird.

(24-Feb-2021, 17:59)kg.fredrik.klein Wrote: Hey, 

I think I've got most problems as everybody have with the Phantoms, but I recently installed a professional wifi-system from Ubiquiti on our property and since then all of my problems are gone. Before installing this system I tried a lot of different wifi-systems and with the same firmware on the speakers, they behaved differently with the different wifi-systems. So I do think that many of the problems users are experiencing have to do with the wifi at least since Firmware 2.10.00...so I you are experiencing problems it might be a good idea to invest in a better Wifi-system. The router does have an impact on the ethernet connection as well....

My system that today consists of 5 x Phantom Gold and 2 x Reactor 900 works just as well as our Sonos system (which I must agree is SO much better at software than Devialet...but lacks the sound) and all but 1 is connected via Wifi. 

Just an idea for that ones of you that have been just as frustrated with Devialet as I have....
I am inclined to agree that WiFi in the house may be an issue for me.  I essentially have a Deco MESH coupled with an apple time capsule which I use as a dedicated router solely to music and the phantoms.  I may have to revisit this issue.
(25-Feb-2021, 17:42)JDtheJD Wrote:
(23-Feb-2021, 17:08)AcrossTheWaves Wrote: To go back on the topic (we kinda derived the last posts, eh); I confirm that when I stop pinging the Phantom, after a while it'll disconnect. The ethernet port is still UP, but no IP traffic goes on. As long as I resume to try pinging, after a while it'll come back and work fine— as long as I keep pinging it. Weird.

(24-Feb-2021, 17:59)kg.fredrik.klein Wrote: Hey, 

I am inclined to agree that WiFi in the house may be an issue for me.  I essentially have a Deco MESH coupled with an apple time capsule which I use as a dedicated router solely to music and the phantoms.  I may have to revisit this issue.

I had 4 apple airport extremes before and had a lot of issues with the speakers but after I changed them, Ive had very few issues so that might help you!
I have a theory that the Phantoms are incompatible with mesh networks, as they constantly switch between 2.4 and 5 Ghz to provide the optimum speed and stability, but completely confuse the Phantoms. I had an issue where the Phantoms would jump to an upstairs Eero node rather than the base Eero three feet away from them, which would cause them to drop from the network. Since every other wireless device, from phones to TVs to Apple TV's has no problem linking to mesh routers, it seems clear to be subpar engineering on Devialet's part. I've been away from my Phantoms for months now, so I've missed the latest update, but if they're still dodgy, I'm going to have to sell them.
(01-Mar-2021, 08:53)Eggman Wrote: I have a theory that the Phantoms are incompatible with mesh networks, as they constantly switch between 2.4 and 5 Ghz to provide the optimum speed and stability, but completely confuse the Phantoms. I had an issue where the Phantoms would jump to an upstairs Eero node rather than the base Eero three feet away from them, which would cause them to drop from the network. Since every other wireless device, from phones to TVs to Apple TV's has no problem linking to mesh routers, it seems clear to be subpar engineering on Devialet's part. I've been away from my Phantoms for months now, so I've missed the latest update, but if they're still dodgy, I'm going to have to sell them.
I've used my Phatoms with Google WiFi for several years now and I have no problems. A good friend of mine has used Netgear Orbi for years and he has no problems either. Might be Eero?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage