Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.12.5 and the problem returns
I don’t have a mesh network but do have WiFi extenders. However, I connect both phantoms direct to the main router via Ethernet and therefore they function on ‘auto’ not WiFi settings so presume this can’t be the cause of my issue? Not saying your theory is wrong but just doesn’t explain my issue.

For me, The issue is undoubtedly linked to the latest updates from Devialet, as I had a rock solid and stable set up for a good 12 months plus on this arrangement before the last set of updates.

They are still investigating my issue and I wait for their conclusion. I have submitted bug reports when the issue happens and videos.

Last chance for me on this. Can’t cope with the constant battle to just play music!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi everyone,
After I updated the firmware from 2.12.3 to 2.12.5 the problem was when I choose WI-FI the center image was in the center but if I choose the PLC the vocal or the sound was on both speaker not in the center.
The problem is if I choose the WI-FI actually my preference the sounds was nice but the stability was the problem. Did anyone had experience this between PLC and WI-FI?
I just got back home after being away for a long time, updated the firmware, and it was the same crap. After about 15 seconds, one drops out. Sometimes it's the left, sometimes it's the right. The cable company happened to send a new router and modem, so I figured I'd test them out with entirely new equipment. I went from an Eero mesh network to a single cable company router, and the problems were identical. I fear I may have been sold faulty Phantoms, and I'm past the point of returns. I wish I could sell them, but ethically, I don't think I can. I wish there were some store that would buy them. Unfortunately, I can't afford a new stereo because I threw all my money onto this Gallic garbage fire. It's such a bummer.
I’m seeing the same issues with .5 as I was with .3. For me it seems to occur most significantly when using Roon Ready as a source, on 96khz MQA files. The processing speed listed in Roon is quite high in comparison with other lower res tracks. Tracks that don’t need to be down sampled seem to play without hiccups. I’ve turned off the MQA core decoder in Roon completely to see if those extra steps are causing issues. 

I had been running my core on a power line adapter and so I just ran Ethernet cable through the house to wire the core directly to the router hoping that might help (no dice).

I have no issues playing the same tracks through Airplay or Bluetooth directly through the Devialet app, removing Roon from the mix.

I’ll put in a support ticket but thought I would pile on here too.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(13-Mar-2021, 01:32)vaguedetails Wrote: I’m seeing the same issues with .5 as I was with .3. For me it seems to occur most significantly when using Roon Ready as a source, on 96khz MQA files. The processing speed listed in Roon is quite high in comparison with other lower res tracks. Tracks that don’t need to be down sampled seem to play without hiccups. I’ve turned off the MQA core decoder in Roon completely to see if those extra steps are causing issues. 

I had been running my core on a power line adapter and so I just ran Ethernet cable through the house to wire the core directly to the router hoping that might help (no dice).

I have no issues playing the same tracks through Airplay or Bluetooth directly through the Devialet app, removing Roon from the mix.

I’ll put in a support ticket but thought I would pile on here too.

I confess I don't quite understand Roon, but wouldn't it be simpler to play music through the Tidal app and Airplay, considering MQA is off the table with Devialet anyway?

I envy your ability to play music at all. This is my listening experience: 

(12-Mar-2021, 22:14)Eggman Wrote: I just got back home after being away for a long time, updated the firmware, and it was the same crap. After about 15 seconds, one drops out. Sometimes it's the left, sometimes it's the right. The cable company happened to send a new router and modem, so I figured I'd test them out with entirely new equipment. I went from an Eero mesh network to a single cable company router, and the problems were identical. I fear I may have been sold faulty Phantoms, and I'm past the point of returns. I wish I could sell them, but ethically, I don't think I can. I wish there were some store that would buy them. Unfortunately, I can't afford a new stereo because I threw all my money onto this Gallic garbage fire. It's such a bummer.

Hi Eggman, 

Have you tried to connect an ethernet cable to the speaker to see if you have the problems go away, if yes I would suggest to reconfigure your wifi (change channels). I know that there might be interference if you live in an apartment with multiple wifi´s around. 

Might be worth a try at least....I did have problems with one of my speakers an that one was changes by Devialet after a lot of trial and error with the support desk. 

//Fredrik
Have you tried a factory reset?

(12-Mar-2021, 22:14)Eggman Wrote: I just got back home after being away for a long time, updated the firmware, and it was the same crap. After about 15 seconds, one drops out. Sometimes it's the left, sometimes it's the right. The cable company happened to send a new router and modem, so I figured I'd test them out with entirely new equipment. I went from an Eero mesh network to a single cable company router, and the problems were identical. I fear I may have been sold faulty Phantoms, and I'm past the point of returns. I wish I could sell them, but ethically, I don't think I can. I wish there were some store that would buy them. Unfortunately, I can't afford a new stereo because I threw all my money onto this Gallic garbage fire. It's such a bummer.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Devialet Dione

Rotterdam, NL
(13-Mar-2021, 02:05)Eggman Wrote: I confess I don't quite understand Roon, but wouldn't it be simpler to play music through the Tidal app and Airplay, considering MQA is off the table with Devialet anyway?

I envy your ability to play music at all. This is my listening experience: 

I’ve grown accustomed to the Roon interface. Discovery has improved greatly in Tidal, but at the time I adopted it that wasn’t the case. Roon helped bridge the gap between an extensive local file collection and a move to streaming, and allows me to blend the two worlds nicely. 

Grouping speakers and playing to different rooms is a nice feature.

The family has Roon on their phones, so everyone can skip a track or play a track rather than trying to sort out which device or streaming service is controlling the speakers at any given time. 

Sorry about your listening experience. The 2.12 series of firmware has been extremely buggy for me. I’ve never reset my speakers so many times. 

I’ve been rotating through the three quick clicks, long 10 second press with two different sound notifications, and visiting the IP address of the speakers to do a full factory reset, with varied temporary success. Support told me to switch to PLC but I’m finding it’s more consistently stable on Auto. 

I’ve had my phantoms now for three years, and this last month or two has been the worst experience so far. I’m tired of constantly trying to get my speakers to work, rather than just enjoying music from them.
According to 2.15 software problems my dialog send sound to only left speaker after 2.15 update I just first find that out this Friday when I try to play some LP records.
Does anyone have this same issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
(13-Mar-2021, 09:53)kg.fredrik.klein Wrote:

Hi Eggman, 

Have you tried to connect an ethernet cable to the speaker to see if you have the problems go away, if yes I would suggest to reconfigure your wifi (change channels). I know that there might be interference if you live in an apartment with multiple wifi´s around. 

Might be worth a try at least....I did have problems with one of my speakers an that one was changes by Devialet after a lot of trial and error with the support desk. 

//Fredrik

Hey Fredrik, I tried the ethernet cable. The Phantom did not recognize that there was an ethernet cable (once an ethernet cable is inserted, it is supposed to automatically default to that connection). Nothing. And the problem happened again. Setup happens without incident. Play music. About half a minute in, one speaker drops out. Every. Single. Time.