Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Air 3.0.4 Officially Released
The only advice I can give is, is for windows users, as both of my Macs aren't involved in music playback.

1) Don't mess with the buffer leave it at 1000ms and learn to live with it. I know it's annoying at first.
2) Run an Intel NIC, anything else is just a headache waiting to happen.
3) Turn off all network adapter bindings you don't need and used fixed ip addresses on both ends.

I've haven't had a crackle since I finally broke down and tried the first beta. The first beta did have some momentary drop out issues but those have been long since fixed.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Still going strong. I set Roon to upsample everything to 192 to try and break it, but haven't managed yet.

OMG. Could this really be it?!

I'm struggling to come to terms with idea. I might need counselling.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(18-Mar-2017, 15:39)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Still going strong. I set Roon to upsample everything to 192 to try and break it, but haven't managed yet.

OMG. Could this really be it?!

I'm struggling to come to terms with idea.  I might need counselling.

I run all evening yesterday and today from 8.00 and no problem but I have not had any problem with any of the 3.X.X

I run Roon and AIR on an old i3 machine connected to my Asus router and my D440 is also connected to this router.

I have always run static IP on my computer and my Devialet dont know if that has any meaning?

Up-sampling in Roon to 176.4 and 192 depending on the files.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Still going strong.

I mean I don't want to tempt fate but......

Anyone want a microrendu, Paul Hynes SR3, or Intona Industrial?

Big Grin

(I have to keep checking the display still says 'Ethernet')

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(18-Mar-2017, 21:12)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Still going strong.

I mean I don't want to tempt fate but......

Anyone want a microrendu, Paul Hynes SR3, or Intona Industrial?

Big Grin

(I have to keep checking the display still says 'Ethernet')

All this Devialet love you are showing is starting to turn my stomach!   Huh   Smile
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

I know. I feel weird. I might need a stiff drink and bed....

I thought back in 2010 that I bought an integrated amplifier with a built-in DAC and phono stage and now, my iOS doesn't get as frequent upgrades as the Devialet.

Back in the days then, no streaming of course. No wifi board was installed in the early D-Premiers. (I had one of the first 200 sold) I got a couple of config files for my analogue set-up through my dealer and chose the one I could live with. Each config file was written (to every other owner too) in France to requests from the dealers. No online configurator obviously.

Then we got the wifi board. But then mayhem thereafter. Phono output started buzzing and wifi streaming got cracking noises ... fast-forward 5 years. Two hardware upgrades, zillion firmware and AIR upgrades. And streaming still isn't freaking working flawlessly. I had a DUNE media player to stream Blue-ray ISO files through wifi(!) with an attached D-link wifi stick. This is 4 times the bit rate of a 192/24 audio file. Now, I can stream 4K videos on Youtube to my iPad through my Gigabit internet connection. Devialet still couldn't get CD quilty wifi streaming 100% fail proof, which is about 1/20th of the above bitrates. Seriously?

I believe that Devialet was a pioneer and outstanding in many areas 6-7 years ago. Now, network streaming etc. has become commonplace and Devialet is way behind. As I said above they had two hardware and countless software upgrades to get it right. They didn't. (wishful thinking: they haven't). They either don't know much about streaming hardware or cannot write code. Either way, a streaming board will probably be outdated when it comes out (still who knows when) and will be marred with bugs. Countless updates and fixes and AIR X.08.

I stopped trusting Devialet software engineers. I still think the amp is outstanding in all other aspects. Programmable inputs/outputs/phono stage/crossovers/etc... a very good piece of work. But I decided not to upgrade the third time, especially that the major upgrade promise involves the only thing that Devialet hasn't done right. Streaming.
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500
Four hours of listening without the dreaded white noise - and it is sounding fantastic. I had given up on AIR, perhaps I might return to the fold. I comment too soon - just as I finished the last sentence I had a drop out - but could have been my network, which can be a bit wobbly. I need a new router - and with AIR working properly, could be worth the effort!
With all of this optimism in the air (sorry!) I'm about to risk it yet again. Having already had a blown speaker driver due to Air running with DRC and expressing its displeasure with an extremely loud blast - about +22 on the Devialet volume control - of "white noise", I am extremely nervous. I've tried every iteration of Air since, with some improvement, but also the inevitable return of noise.
 Obviously I'll be keeping the volume at lower levels - max. 0dB, which is the equivalent of about -15 without DRC.
  Wish me luck!
   Cheers,
    Graeme
Roon Lifetime, HQPlayer with Acourate RC,Devialet 220 Pro,Synology NAS,AcourateNAS, MinimServer,Moon Mind 180 AES/EBU currently w. Canare Cable,W7 PC JRiver 20, AcouratePro, 15' Belkin USB. Linn LP12,Cetech,OL1,Denon 103R,VAF Signature i66 Mk.11,VAF Gravitas SW
I entered the Devialet scene with a D800 in summer 2016 and had it upgraded to a D1000 in december. For me Devialet has met all expectations. The current AIR implementation is working fine (excelent) for me. I am not using DSD, on that point there is maybe room for improvement.
The basis is off course a well configured and working network and PC.

Devialet Dione

Rotterdam, NL