Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Antoine's system
Any comments on the Orea effect, Antoine?
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
(23-Mar-2019, 06:21)ICUDoc Wrote: Any comments on the Orea effect, Antoine?

Hi David, not yet, the Orea’s aren’t in my system yet. Smile

I never learn; I’ve been changing too much, too fast lateley (power cord, TX-USBUltra, Gaia’s under the sub) and wanted to get used to the system first.

Also there’s something I’ve kept delaying, delaying and delaying but felt I really had to do now: let the DSpeaker Anti-Mode remeasure my sub/room response. It had been years ago and though the location of the seating area and sub had not changed, in a way the room/house has since all windows/window frames/front and back doors/facades (I don’t know what’s it called in English) have been replaced, both upstairs and downstairs. Since now the sub is a few inches higher because of the Gaia’s and the Gaia’s themselves of course influence bass reproduction I decided to do this this afternoon. I’m glad I did though! A “free” improvement easily comparable since I’ve kept the original profile and can switch between old and new with just a press of a button. Smile

Anyway, when I’ve placed the Orea’s I’ll let you guys know.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(22-Mar-2019, 17:29)Antoine Wrote:
(21-Mar-2019, 18:52)sam1000 Wrote:
(20-Mar-2019, 17:05)Antoine Wrote: I’m also looking at decoupling of my main loudspeakers which are on the factory supplied spikes. The big Gaia I’s (which I need as the VR-5 Anni’s are >85kgs each) are a contender here but I’m also looking at the Townshend Seismic Platform or ‘outriggers’. Expensive stuff though, both the Gaia’s and the Townshend stuff!

Gaia has a new product line called 'Titan'. I think they are better suited for heavy speakers. I really like the demo on youtube about Seismic Platform, but that is even more expensive than Gaia Titan :-) 
Let us know how you like Gaia or Townshend for your speakers.

The Titans are bigger versions of the Gaia line allowing heavier loudspeakers, otherwise they’re the same. The Gaia I goes up to 100kgs per four.

Yeah, especially the Townshend stuff is quite expensive. Not sure yet if I’ll buy it or even the Isoacoustics stuff. I have already decoupled the mid/treble units of my loudspeakers from the bass units and they don’t do much bass since the majority of it is done by the sub.

What I like about the Townshend Podiums (I incorrectly said Platform as these latter are for components) is the little to no gain in height or them even getting closer to the floor when on spikes. The Gaia’s do add height in most cases.

I use a Platform for my turntable and Bars for my speakers. I tested them and other products using Seismometer. The Platform gives total isolation, the Bars almost complete isolation and the Isoacoustics and DSMD fairly poor damping. The Platform seems to be the best as it can be fine tuned, indeed it has to be set up very carefully, but when it is it gives complete isolation.

It is also possible to get them new at much reduced prices.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
(18-Apr-2019, 19:22)ssfas Wrote:
(22-Mar-2019, 17:29)Antoine Wrote:
(21-Mar-2019, 18:52)sam1000 Wrote: Gaia has a new product line called 'Titan'. I think they are better suited for heavy speakers. I really like the demo on youtube about Seismic Platform, but that is even more expensive than Gaia Titan :-) 
Let us know how you like Gaia or Townshend for your speakers.

The Titans are bigger versions of the Gaia line allowing heavier loudspeakers, otherwise they’re the same. The Gaia I goes up to 100kgs per four.

Yeah, especially the Townshend stuff is quite expensive. Not sure yet if I’ll buy it or even the Isoacoustics stuff. I have already decoupled the mid/treble units of my loudspeakers from the bass units and they don’t do much bass since the majority of it is done by the sub.

What I like about the Townshend Podiums (I incorrectly said Platform as these latter are for components) is the little to no gain in height or them even getting closer to the floor when on spikes. The Gaia’s do add height in most cases.

I use a Platform for my turntable and Bars for my speakers. I tested them and other products using Seismometer. The Platform gives total isolation, the Bars almost complete isolation and the Isoacoustics and DSMD fairly poor damping. The Platform seems to be the best as it can be fine tuned, indeed it has to be set up very carefully, but when it is it gives complete isolation.

It is also possible to get them new at much reduced prices.

Thanks for sharing your experience ssfas, very helpful especially since you’ve used a seismometer. I’ve seen the Townsend products being offered on Ebay by a British seller for much reduced prices but even then, still very expensive.

A dealer near me where I got my Gaia’s also has the platform on demo so I might try one in the future. Still have to test the Orea’s under the Devialet. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Last Tuesday I finally received the Paul Hynes SR7 high power replacement module to swap out the existing malfunctioning one. This was an easy swap as Paul prepared the module complete with the copper heat sink and it being 100% identical to the original one on the photo. I was using an old 100W HDPlex LPSU in the mean time but I’m glad to see it gone since it was on the ground in front of my rack.  Smile

Last Thursday I also received the JCAT Net Card Femto (ordered March 22nd) which is an audiophile dual NIC network card. https://jcat.eu/featured/net-card-femto/ I installed it in my music server which connects to the NUC endpoint.

Since it would not operate correctly in two PC’s I tested it in powered by just the motherboard without external power or internal power from a molex connector I went out yesterday and bought a SBooster ECO MKII 5-6V linear power supply for it at a local dealer. I also have a Hynes SR4 on order but it’s in the July batch so didn’t want to wait for that. I might power the etherREGEN with it once it arrives.

I’m very happy with the JCAT card. SQ improvements are clear as a bell, even new and cold out of the box. There’s way more micro detail and or less smearing/more transparancy giving also improvements in soundstaging and making it easier to follow the music (PRAT) and intelligibility of (background) voices.

The Netherlands
That's one serious heat sink!
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(11-May-2019, 11:21)Pim Wrote: That's one serious heat sink!

Actually the copper bar heat sink you see on the photo is attached to a way bigger heat sink with cooling fins on the outside of the case. In between I’ve applied thermal paste as suggested in the instructions though Paul supplied the module with a heat conducting film.  Smile

The Netherlands
Interesting read Antoine. Interested to read if the Orea's did have positive effect under the Devialet. I recently bought the Gaia II's for my speakers, and they had a massive effect.

Also interested in the 'audiophile switch' effects I read about. Seems you are also experimenting with those. Thank you for reporting on your findings.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(25-Nov-2019, 22:42)kerkhoffd Wrote: Interesting read Antoine. Interested to read if the Orea's did have positive effect under the Devialet. I recently bought the Gaia II's for my speakers, and they had a massive effect.

Also interested in the 'audiophile switch' effects I read about. Seems you are also experimenting with those. Thank you for reporting on your findings.

Hi kerkhoffd,

Thanks! I have to admit that the Orea’s are not in my system right now. I briefly tried them earlier this year under the Devialet but felt they were no improvement over the Crusade Audio Diamond base there (unfortunately the opposite). Later I read that others feel it takes some time for the Orea’s to ‘bed in’ but I haven’t tried again. Also ‘aesthetically’ it wasn’t my cup of tea. Perhaps I’ll deploy them somewhere else in the future. Smile

Like you I am very happy with the improvements the Gaia’s gave me.

And yes, you’re right regarding the switch. I have purchased the Uptone Audio Etherregen switch which I received last week. Happy with the results in my system though I have not compared or ever listened to an ‘audiophile’ switch of other brands. My first findings I posted here: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Audiophi...9#pid88589

The Netherlands
January 1st, a new year and a new decade! Time flies so I thought I’d read back through the 2019 posts in this thread and make a list of what I did with my system in 2019. It’s actually more than I thought..so this was good for creating some ‘awareness’.  Smile

Intel NUC7PJYH Mini-PC Barebone, Ballistix DDR4 SODIMM Sport LT 2x4GB 2400Mhz memory, Akasa Newton JC fanless case and a Ghentaudio Gotham JSSG360 DC cable

Later sold and replaced by a NUC7i7DNHE NUC, 2x4GB of RAM and and Akasa Plato X7D fanless case
EMI absorber material (3M AB5100HFS)
AudioLinux software

D-Link DGS1210-10 managed switch

Uptone Audio LPS1.2 with a 30cm Ghentaudio Gotham JSSG360 DC cable (used) (now powering the DSpeaker Anti-mode 2.0)
Shunyata Alpha HC (high current) Zitron (used) (connected from wall to PS Audio Power Plant P3)
SoTM TX-USBUltra (used)
Phasure Lush^2 USB cable (For connecting the TX-USBultra to the Mutec MC3+USB)

Isoacoustics Gaia II isolators (set of four)(under subwoofer)
Isoacoustics Orea Bronze (set of three)(currently under the two stacked music server and endpoint)

JCAT Net Card Femto (in music server)
SBooster ECO MKII 5-6V linear power supply (powers the JCAT card)

Paul Hynes SR4 (now powering the Etherregen)
Ghentaudio Gotham JSSG360 DC cable

Uptone Audio Etherregen 

The Netherlands