Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody get a delivery today?
(10-Mar-2015, 20:34)NickB Wrote: Just had an Email and my Dialogue which was quoted for delivery on 15th April was despatched today by UPS and is in transit !!!!

We need to work on a list of inventive things to do with a DIALOG. 

Doorstop is a bit dull. Ditto paperweight. 

I'm thinking about attaching mine to the front of my house to make it look like a burglar alarm bell.

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
(10-Mar-2015, 20:53)Jwg1749 Wrote:
(10-Mar-2015, 20:34)NickB Wrote: Just had an Email and my Dialogue which was quoted for delivery on 15th April was despatched today by UPS and is in transit !!!!

We need to work on a list of inventive things to do with a DIALOG. 

Doorstop is a bit dull. Ditto paperweight. 

I'm thinking about attaching mine to the front of my house to make it look like a burglar alarm bell.

Matt

Mine should be here tomorrow.  Given that I can't use it with my amp, and Frank's comments about his getting very hot, I'm thinking of letting the cat use it to keep him warm when he's in bed.
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT
When we say hot we mean hot
Grilled cat........
I wonder what on earth is going on inside Dialog that causes it to dissipate so much heat.  The CPU looks over-specified for a network audio streamer, but that should be fine assuming it had reasonable power management which it should do if it's running some kind of sensible operating system.  Surely it shouldn't need to run any hotter than a small network router or switch...?

Has anyone measured how much power it's actually drawing from the supply (e.g. with a plug-top watt meter)?  It's academic, but might be interesting to know.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(11-Mar-2015, 20:10)thumb5 Wrote: I wonder what on earth is going on inside Dialog that causes it to dissipate so much heat.  The CPU looks over-specified for a network audio streamer, but that should be fine assuming it had reasonable power management which it should do if it's running some kind of sensible operating system.  Surely it shouldn't need to run any hotter than a small network router or switch...?

Has anyone measured how much power it's actually drawing from the supply (e.g. with a plug-top watt meter)?  It's academic, but might be interesting to know.

I've measured the Dialog with a Watt meter. The drawing from the supply is constantly alternating, between 10 and max 70 Watts. Mostly varying from 10 till 60 Watts. Mine gets warm as well, but not warmer then my Sonos Connect. Anyway not hot enough to keep the teakettle boiling.
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
70W? That sounds a bit dangerous. Be interesting to see what kind of fuse is in the plug. If it's a 3A one it could blow. I'm not sure I'd feel entirely comfortable with something that is getting hot and is drawing a fair current for something that isn't an amplifier.
(02-Apr-2015, 10:15)karebe Wrote: I asked Devialet why the delivey date of my Silver Phantoms has changed from March 31st to April 15th. The answer was that there is a problem with their Website and only April 15th can be shown as delivery date regardless the real one.

Yesterday Devialet Support imnformed me by request that they began delivering orders from January 5th to February 23nd.  So there is a chance to get Phantoms earlier.

Sorry for the strange format of this reply. I have still a problem with my posts

Well, my Silver Phantoms (plus one Dialog) were shipped by Colette yesterday.
Devialet themselves still won't ship to my country so I had to take a "detour".
Hi all, first post here after reading this forum for a while....
I ordered my Phantom at the end of Jan and have just received a delivery date of 13th April, was told it would be mid April so delivery as promised...if it arrives then.

Hoping these things give me a flavour of the Devialet 200 I heard, having been a Naim Audio die hard fan for years the Devialet really impressed me with is clarity so this seemed like a good entry point to see if Devialet are my next upgrade Path!