Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone turning DPM off?
DPM makes a huge difference when using pass-through mode but doesn't make a difference for the normal modes at all (at least not on mine) so it it turned off since I did not have to use the pass-through function any more when I moved from home theater to only stereo.
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
(15-Jun-2019, 20:52)Flashman Wrote:
(15-Jun-2019, 20:30)Cylob Wrote: DPM OFF. The higher the temp the better it sounds.
That's why I never turn my devialet off either. It's on 24/7 so it sounds as best as it possibly can right away every morning.
There are some on this board who think that might diminish the lifespan of your unit.  As for me, I've decided to just adjust the menu selection (DPM>OFF) each listening session as I move from stand-by...

From reading about it in the past (can’t remember where Smile) I think/believe that it doesn’t affect the power used in standby only when it’s on and there’s an input signal.

Devialet mentioned this in an older press release of firmware v8.0:

“The power supply adapts continuously to the music playing for greater energetic efficiency.”

You could check the temperatures of course if you’d like to be sure.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
How can I check the temperatures?
(16-Jun-2019, 15:13)Soundside Wrote: How can I check the temperatures?
From Devialet website: You can check the Devialet’s temperature by pressing 2s on the remote tone button and going to screen 14th on the Devialet’s information screen. You can navigate the screens by shortly pressing on the tone button. Temperatures going up to 65°C are absolutely OK.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
Great, thank you @Flashman !