Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(02-May-2019, 13:44)baconbrain Wrote: The JCAT Femto is a great card but ensure that your PSU has the appropriate Amp rating for external power requirements. My old Ultracap LPS-1 couldn’t hang ...

Slippery SOtM slope .... good one!

Smile

I’m still looking at how to power it externally. Initially I may power it from the motherboard or a freed up SR7 rail as the SR4 I ordered could take months to arrive. I indeed read the Ultracaps won’t be able to power more than one port of the NET card so that one is out. 

(02-May-2019, 18:07)octaviars Wrote: SOtm will show their new LAN card in Munich so there are more stuff to "slide" down on Smile 

https://www.sotm-audio.com/sotmwp/english/highend2019/

– Support M.2 interface(it can be connected with mPCIe and PICe slot)
– Support 10BaseT,100BaseT,1000BaseT
– Support Wake on LAN
– Internal SATA power and external power input
– Ultra low noise regulator
– Ultra low jitter clock
– The audio grade clock module, sCLK-EX, ready

Missed that, thanks for sharing! Smile I’m curious how it’ll look when they write it can be connected to an mPCIe slot. Could be something for in a NUC maybe if it’s small.

About that slippery SOtM slope, this from that press release says it all! Big Grin

SOtM will become the most important partner in your music life.“
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Guys I am so bowled over by the SOtM switch that I've ordered a second one! I know, I know! Madness.

It's doing something to the sound that is utterly addictive. I want more of this.  Wink

I have a couple of configurations that I want to explore, both using fibre optic cables (SFP).

Cheers,

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48oepwZgYRw

Supprised he did say that the LPSU dident make any diffrence ?
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
(07-May-2019, 20:50)GuillaumeB Wrote: Guys I am so bowled over by the SOtM switch that I've ordered a second one! I know, I know! Madness.

It's doing something to the sound that is utterly addictive. I want more of this.  Wink

I have a couple of configurations that I want to explore, both using fibre optic cables (SFP).

Cheers,

Guillaume

I don’t have sotm switch.
I have the sotm iso cat 6 special edition (with 3 rj45 cables) and the dCBL cat7 and the are also great
Just met with May Park of SOtM!! 

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I also got to see/hear the Telegartner M12 Gold switch in the SPEC room at Munich (Hall 1):

I didn't get to make a direct comparison with anything else and I wasn't familiar with the SPEC electronics or Fidata server being used. I did however spend 20 mins or so listening to their analogue setup first just to familiarise myself with the sound of the SPEC system. Switching over to digital with the M12 switch in the loop, I felt that the sound had better imaging and weight and I was pretty impressed. So something to investigate further. I've spoken to Marcin Ostapowiz the owner of JCAT (who I also met at Munich) about the possibility of getting a sample unit to test, so will keep you all posted. They also had a cheaper version of the M12 switch which could be interesting too...

Guillaume

UK
(11-May-2019, 14:10)GuillaumeB Wrote: Just met with May Park of SOtM!! 

Guillaume

Thanks for the pic, it is nice to see what May actually looks like!  I have had many dealings with May over the last year, mainly via email but she has always been utterly charming and very helpful.  I am sure she must be lovely in person too.  One question here, did she leak any secrets about exciting new upcoming products?  

Looking at the your post re the Telegartner M12, am I right that they have both the sNG-10G and M12 in the same system?  I presume running as alternatives, or have they gone the utter madness route and run both in series? Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(12-May-2019, 12:49)Confused Wrote:

Guillaume

Thanks for the pic, it is nice to see what May actually looks like!  I have had many dealings with May over the last year, mainly via email but she has always been utterly charming and very helpful.  I am sure she most be lovely in person too.  One question here, did she leak any secrets about exciting new upcoming products?  

Looking at the your post re the Telegartner M12, am I right that they have both the sNG-10G and M12 in the same system?  I presume running as alternatives, or have they gone the utter madness route and run both in series? Shy

She was lovely!! Smile I mainly spoke to her about my crazy journey with switches etc. May mentioned that they were doing research on routers, basically stuff upstream of a switch. They already provide mods for switches but she did hint at a product being made available in the future although at this stage no clear timetable. She knew this forum well!

As to the SPEC room where the M12 was unveiled, yes there did already have a sNG-10G (without clock module) but I didn't hear any digital prior to the M12 being connected so no comparison could be made. From what I could see the M12 was connected directly to a WIFI router.

Cheers,

Guillaume

UK
(12-May-2019, 13:08)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(12-May-2019, 12:49)Confused Wrote:

Guillaume

Thanks for the pic, it is nice to see what May actually looks like!  I have had many dealings with May over the last year, mainly via email but she has always been utterly charming and very helpful.  I am sure she most be lovely in person too.  One question here, did she leak any secrets about exciting new upcoming products?  

She was lovely!! Smile I mainly spoke to her about my crazy journey with switches etc. May mentioned that they were doing research on routers, basically stuff upstream of a switch. They already provide mods for switches but she did hint at a product being made available in the future although at this stage no clear timetable. She knew this forum well!

As to the SPEC room where the M12 was unveiled, yes there did already have a sNG-10G (without clock module) but I didn't hear any digital prior to the M12 being connected so no comparison could be made. From what I could see the M12 was connected directly to a WIFI router.

Cheers,

Guillaume

Hi, I saw the switch at different companies during their performances !!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(12-May-2019, 21:14)K4680 Wrote:
(12-May-2019, 13:08)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(12-May-2019, 12:49)Confused Wrote: Thanks for the pic, it is nice to see what May actually looks like!  I have had many dealings with May over the last year, mainly via email but she has always been utterly charming and very helpful.  I am sure she most be lovely in person too.  One question here, did she leak any secrets about exciting new upcoming products?  

Cheers,

Guillaume

Hi, I saw the switch at different companies during their performances !!

Hi there this looks like the display at the JCAT stand?

That’s the “cheaper” switch!

Guillaume

UK