Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Auralic Aries
Yes Devialet has confirmed this.

Now bear in mind that AIR was developed at a time when it was only compatible with Mac and that, since the very start, Devialet has demonstrated exclusive using Mac.

And that Air 2.1.1 (November 2013) had some noise problems with Mac and that Air 2.1.2 (May(?) 2014) has had persistent noise problems with Mac.

And that Air 2.1.2 is operable with ethernet and so independent of local wifi conditions and yet still gets white noise problems.

But it takes 6 months for Devialet to recognise this issue?

Very odd.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
I have sent Devialet customer service several emails and data about my AIR problems, last one in middle of November but I have not heard back! May be there are abandoning AIR and working on a Spark/Dialog solution? Presently no version of AIR works with my Macbook and I am tiered of futile attempts to make something work which worked well before. I like to listen to music and not play with computers!
Agreed. They told me a new beta is coming and I would help test. Initial 2.1.4 is not successful either.
Yes, they are pushing the dialog to me, which I am not interested.
They need to get their current setup working before selling me new ones.

Btw, I guess you guys are using. auralic then to play back or use a Mac -> usb -> devialet setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(03-Jan-2015, 04:08)madumm Wrote: Yes, they are pushing the dialog to me, which I am not interested.

Did you mean that Devialet are suggesting that buying a Dialog is their recommended way of solving the long-standing problems with AIR? I would certainly find that hard to swallow as a customer. Even if they were to give one away that would still not be satisfactory. I hope I've misunderstood.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I will be fair with them.
They insisted to solve the Air. That was their priority in the email.

However, they also told me Dialog will resolve the issue. I choose to ignore it as for me, if the basic stuff is not resolved, don't expect me to buy anymore stuff.

This is based on trust and confidence of the support of your product and trust you will fixed it in a timely manner.

For me that doesn't do AIR but perhaps would like to in the near future and now knowing that the present unit in my gear can't handle this properly and if instead Dev want to sell us the Dialoge this would be outrageously low. The Dialoge should be offered for free to existing owners in case AIR will not work 100% or for that matter they would consider AIR done for the D-series.

My 5 p/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(03-Jan-2015, 12:04)Mikeeo Wrote: For me that doesn't do AIR but perhaps would like to in the near future and now knowing that the present unit in my gear can't handle this properly and if instead Dev want to sell us the Dialoge this would be outrageously low. The Dialoge should be offered for free to existing owners in case AIR will not work 100% or for that matter they would consider AIR done for the D-series.

My 5 p/Mike

This has been my feeling since they started their "new" inovation

Change out the Apple Air Port and buy the Dialog,problems fixt and new upgrades and programs to come Smile

Maybee they have come to a point where Dev air is not beneficial to develop anymore,cost and upgrade on the amplifiers ??
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Moore's law guys.

It will be cheaper and more effective (cost & benefit) to outboard this type of functionality. I know that's not what you want to hear but it's the truth...computer based audio is changing so rapidly we would be upgrading our DSP's (thus the entire board) almost annually.

I don't see why there's such a big fuss over one outboard connection...especially one that holds so much promise for arguably pennies on the dollar (compared to overall system cost).

Digital: ROON on Synology & SONOS Connect
Analog: Marantz TT-15s1 - ClearAudio Virtuoso MM Wood

Main: Devialet D250 - KEF LS50
(02-Jan-2015, 22:51)IanG-UK Wrote: Now bear in mind that AIR was developed at a time when it was only compatible with Mac and that, since the very start, Devialet has demonstrated exclusive using Mac.

And that Air 2.1.1 (November 2013) had some noise problems with Mac and that Air 2.1.2 (May(?) 2014) has had persistent noise problems with Mac.

And that Air 2.1.2 is operable with ethernet and so independent of local wifi conditions and yet still gets white noise problems.

Sorry for entering this debate, but I really find general and exaggerated claims that AIR (2.1.1 or 2.1.2) is persistently not working with Macs highly inappropriate if not false. I am using AIR with iTunes (any version) as a front end and via ethernet without any problem ever. Even wireless worked flawlessly for 24*44.1 resolution. In my house the signal is not good enough for higher resolutions, but realistically I expected that problem from the beginning and hooked up a cable. (By the way, my OS is still 10.8.5. Usually I hesitate to go with the crowd in quickly upgrading the OS due to potential incompatibilities with some of my apps.)

I see that some of you guys think that iTunes is not good enough for your taste and that your music needs third party players and up-samplers for sounding right. Honestly, I tried most of these programs but none worked without hitch. Either they crashed easily or they did not handle gapless playback. So I returned to the most purist setup, i.e. just using iTunes as a catalog and AIR as a player with no additional software between my music catalog and my enjoyment.

I do use PureMusic when playing to the D via AES/EBU, using the firewire output on my Mac and a Weiss interface. Then PureMusic just serves for switching the Weiss thing to the native resolution without any up-sampling. (This connection still gives a tick better sound than ethernet; much better in any case than the sonically flawed USB technology.)

Also I do not see any good sense in up-sampling my music files on the computer (using the afore-mentioned apps) with its digitally "noisy" environment that can never be fully controlled even when quitting all (?) other processes. In my opinion my D250 that is now a D800 does this in the best possible way. At the end I purchased a D-Premier because of its DSP quality. So why not leave the up-sampling to the D?

OK, I accept that some of us enjoy playing with apps and preferences and settings on their way to musical enjoyment, thereby complicating the pathway of the signal. Sometimes I do so myself. But more often I just prefer to enjoy a flawlessly working system and the music it reproduces.

Just my two Euro cents ;-)
(04-Jan-2015, 07:56)adhesiv Wrote: Moore's law guys.

It will be cheaper and more effective (cost & benefit) to outboard this type of functionality. I know that's not what you want to hear but it's the truth...computer based audio is changing so rapidly we would be upgrading our DSP's (thus the entire board) almost annually.

I don't see why there's such a big fuss over one outboard connection...especially one that holds so much promise for arguably pennies on the dollar (compared to overall system cost).

If your comment refers to the immediately preceding discussion, I think you're missing the point because it isn't about future upgrades. If the Dialog is being touted as the solution to existing problems with AIR, this is an admission that the product we have currently bought is not enirely fit for purpose (and will not be fixed). At the moment this is still speculation, but it would be a huge loss of face for Devialet to admit this.

For me, the need to add a Dialog to fix these problems would reduce the appeal of the D-series amplifiers, because it is in principle unnecessary - the amplifier was designed and sold with this capability "on board", it's "another box" (requiring it's own space, power supply, interconnect cable, etc.), and it's an extra cost. If it's adding new functionality such as streaming from Qobuz, etc., that's a slightly different matter.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK