Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aurender N100 v AIR
Yes, I think I have heard two albums from the local HDD since I got the Aurender, I am very impressed by Tidal, the playlists, the recommendations etc. I is just so fun to sit with your iPad and explore music, and the way the Aurender app is made is just brilliant, you can find similar artists, use the hyperlinks in the text and so on. And as I said, it does sounds good.

I guess that you have seen the video that was made when the Aurender was reviewed on computer audiophile?

Kind regards Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
Yes I watched that this afternoon, very impressive app .....apart from the colours Big Grin I could live with that though
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(09-Oct-2015, 19:54)Bob Ryan Wrote:
(09-Oct-2015, 12:22)Womaz Wrote: Other considerations are the Lumin D1, but I dont know much about this. Melco N1A but no app yet so scared to look at this as I am not brillaint with technology
The Aurender I feel looks an option too although be it a rather expensive solution for me after I got the 200 to be a one box solution.

The N1A functions good with free Lumin app (although you cannot use all of the Lumin app features with the Melco). I sold the Lumin A1. Though a beautiful chunk of heavy CAD aluminum, I really disliked Lumin display and sound quality was not really 'better' than the N1A. I like fewer pieces and liked getting my Sinology DS214 play out of the audio system entirely. Tried the X100. The Aurender is a well made device. Don't care for the brown app background. Didn't like being not being able to use my iPad in vertical and horizontal view with the Aurender app. What were they thinking? Did they fix this oversight yet? I really preferred N1A for simplicity in setup and operation. Used N1A with Devialet 120, router, iPad + Lumin app. A very small footprint and the setup and control champion IMO. For those highly impressed by build, go with Lumin and Aurender. If standard consumer audio component case is good enough and sound quality, ease of use matters more than case, consider the N1A.
So if I'm interpreting this correctly, if sound quality is the only consideration, you found the N1A preferable to the Aurender? (N100?). 
Also, have you compared the N1A to AIR.
Yes it is for sure not pretty, but you get used to it, and in all fairness it is relaxing to look at, just like the sound :-)
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
Well after a good nights sleep I think the idea of having the music on the actual server as opposed to a NAS really appeals. So may go that way.
Will need a back up so maybe could keep existing NAS to do that. Problem is that journey terrifies me. Big Grin

If I go for the Aurender my dealer does this so will help me , if I go for Melco I will have to buy online and pretty much do it all myself. I am sure I am capable but that's a lot of hassle .
Melco £1600 Aurender £2700..,.. Decisions decisions ?
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
I would recommend you to sleep over it a few more nights.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(10-Oct-2015, 08:26)hk6230 Wrote: I would recommend you to sleep over it a few more nights.

I've slept over it for about 200 nights, ever since I got my 200 Smile Smile
Does anyone know if the Melcomdisplays the track name on the front panel. Read the brochure and still none the wiser
(10-Oct-2015, 08:34)Womaz Wrote: Does anyone know if the Melcomdisplays the track name on the front panel. Read the brochure and still none the wiser

Yes it does.
Great post Bob, thanks for your input on this, much appreciated.