Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
-=Aurender=-
(11-Mar-2015, 01:14)miro Wrote:
(10-Mar-2015, 19:24)kenreau Wrote:
(10-Mar-2015, 12:14)Stigmater Wrote: [Image: Screen%20Shot%202015-03-10%20at%2013.08.48.jpg]

I thought it will be a great idea to dedicate its own thread for so wonderful product like Audender music streamer that integrates so well with something that we all have in common and it's our precious Devialet  Smile 

Thanks for posting and starting this Aurender thread.  I recently purchased a preowned S10 model and am in the honeymoon stage with it learning the ropes of its aps and files management.  I've inquired around a few sites asking if there was an Aurender enthusiasts forum anywhere.  This must be the place now. 

Fwiw, I've opened up my S10 unit and have been looking at making some upgrades to it.  It is very much a CAPS like PC.  An initial potential list of parts upgrades I'm considering are using the PPA SATA cables, PPA Audio Grade SSD and possibly powering the SSD & HDD with battery power supplies (they are currently on the smps).  Also swapping out the generic 2A power fuse for something like a Furutech.

Thanks
Kenreau

Speaking of fuses, you should audition these ones:

http://www.audio-horizons.com/pages/fuse.html
Thanks, those fuses look promising.

Kenreau
Synology DS412+> Aurender S10> AQ Wel AES > Devialet 200> AQ Castle Rock Bi-Wired > Vandersteen 5As.
(11-Mar-2015, 22:50)Stigmater Wrote: I think it's only a bug

Please someone confirm that I'm not missing something.

Finally managed to download v 2.0.7 and I can confirm star rating is working fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Some Tidal integration shots from the new Aurender Conductor App 2.0.7

[Image: 25436afaab1d560a0ec6b1c463b6bf50.jpg]

You tap on Aurender and a call out will appear to go to Tidal

[Image: 46d4372eae34ff1557b36e05810f882b.jpg]

To go back to local music on aurender you tap on Tidal and. "go back to Aurender" in the call out

[Image: b547d36c8e1fafe20a0629143422cda8.jpg]

You can browse by albums/Artist/Song (new, recommended, top 20, favorite or search)

[Image: d5c373c96bdf52e38d7f47578120ccb7.jpg]

You can browse by Gene

[Image: f768641f393375d347e4555800793180.jpg]

Or by mood

[Image: f0030567bdbd9cfd4d284ac8c833e98d.jpg]

Selecting songs to play or add to the queue is as easy as you would do with locally stored tracks.

This is a major improvement over the previous version. Sound quality of steamed music is very very good and in my first session I did not experience any dropout. Way better than streaming from my Macbook.

Unfortunately I discovered a nasty bug, once the app is sent to the background to use anything else on the iPad Tidal login is lost! And you have to reenter Tidal password again!

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(12-Mar-2015, 04:52)amabrok Wrote: Unfortunately I discovered a nasty bug, once the app is sent to the background to use anything else on the iPad Tidal login is lost! And you have to reenter Tidal password again!

Even though my subscription is ended i still can enter TIDAL and see everything but can't play, and if i closing app and reopen i stayng logged in .
Devialet 800| B&W 802 Diamond | JL 113 | Linn Akurate DS + Denon HEOS for Spotify | Stealth Reverie speaker cables| Audioprana AES/RCA | DH LABS PC 
Does anyone have a working link to the Aurender Media Manager app?
I have the n100 on audition, and would like to see what the AMM does, but the file is not at the link Aurender has on their website.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
Sent an email to Aurender, hopefully they'll sort this out quick.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
Would be great to hear what you think of the Aurender N100 as it will be on my shortlist when funds are available
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(13-Mar-2015, 17:41)Womaz Wrote: Would be great to hear what you think of the Aurender N100 as it will be on my shortlist when funds are available

Exact Thoughts.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
Some technical information about USB Audio Class 2.0 that i found , i didn't knew all that stuff Smile

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Asynchronous USB Audio Class 2.0 Explained

Now that listening to music on computers is as commonplace as listening to music on the radio—and maybe more so—Audio Interfaces have also become commonplace. Today, anyone can enjoy high quality sound via a single “music server device,” which is a PC or Macintosh computer. But what are the technical limitations of these audio interfaces? Is it enough that an interface be USB 2.0 compatible?

The numerous USB Audio Interfaces, which can be thought of as external sound cards, all contain Digital-to-Analog Converters (DACs). Regardless of the capability of the DAC, it must rely on USB to receive and deliver data—and USB was not designed for audio. Early USB DACs came with limitations and could not provide “real” hi-fi audio quality.

The audio community recognized the problem and gathered to work on the “USB Audio Class” standard, which was finalized in 2006. The new standard should have solved the problem—but it didn’t. By the time the finalized USB Audio Class 2.0 was released, the USB 2.0 specification was already complete. And it used the earlier audio spec from USB 1.1.

The saddling of USB 2.0 with the legacy USB 1.1 audio spec is one reason so many Audio Interfaces on the market claim support for USB 2.0, but are limited to 24bit/96kHz audio. Just because the USB jack supports USB 2.0, does not necessarily mean that the product supports the Asynchronous USB Audio Class 2.0.

What, then, are the limitations of the USB 1.1 audio spec? USB 1.1 supports a maximum throughput of 10Mbps (megabits per second). For audio, you need to fix, or maintain, a particular frequency, and doing so prevents you from using the full 10Mbps. That is why USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 devices are limited to 24bit/96kHz audio.

What are the advantages of Asynchronous USB Audio Class 2.0? The Asynchronous USB Audio Class 2.0 supports 480Mbps of audio data (in contrast to 10Mbps which cannot be fully utilized), delivering 24-bit audio with sample frequencies up to 192kHz (in contrast to 96kHz).

You can see that while USB 2.0 or better support is a must, it is not an indicator of audio quality. When comparing Audio Interfaces and DACs, look for Asynchronous USB Audio Class 2.0 support (such as the AMI MUSIK DDH1), and check the Audio Interface delivers up to 24bit/192kHz audio.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question that i couldn't find answer for is:
what are the difference between USB Audio Class 2.0 and new USB 3 that we can find on new macs.
Devialet 800| B&W 802 Diamond | JL 113 | Linn Akurate DS + Denon HEOS for Spotify | Stealth Reverie speaker cables| Audioprana AES/RCA | DH LABS PC 
Hello Stigmater - I'm not sure where you found that information about USB audio, but if you don't mind me saying so, it's rather inaccurate, if not totally misleading.

First of all, it's confusing the USB audio device class specification with the USB (core) specification.  USB audio device class 1.0 is not saddled with USB 1.1 but can operate over a USB 2.0 high-speed (480 Mbps) bus.

Secondly, both USB audio class 1.0 and 2.0 support asynchronous transfer.  The main advantage of this is nothing to do with absolute data rates.  Instead it relates to how small differences in the clock frequencies at each end of the link are dealt with to avoid long-term drift and possible sample loss.  Asynchronous protocol allows the peripheral (e.g. DAC) to use its own clock to regulate the flow of data on the USB bus, rather than having to adapt to the clock generated by the host.  (That's the gist of it, anyway.)
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK