Poll: CI experience
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
AIR ethernet - faultless/largely faultless pre CI and same now
11.11%
6 11.11%
AIR ethernet - faultless/largely faultless pre CI but faulty now
11.11%
6 11.11%
AIR ethernet - faulty pre CI but faultless/largely faultless now
1.85%
1 1.85%
AIR ethernet - faulty pre CI and faulty now
1.85%
1 1.85%
AIR wifi - faultless/largely faultless pre CI and same now
3.70%
2 3.70%
AIR wifi - faultless/largely faultless pre CI but faulty now
3.70%
2 3.70%
AIR wifi - faulty pre CI but faultless/largely faultless now
7.41%
4 7.41%
AIR wifi - faulty pre CI and faulty now
3.70%
2 3.70%
Roon AIR - faultless/largely faultless pre CI and same now
31.48%
17 31.48%
Roon AIR - faultless/largely faultless pre CI but faulty now
20.37%
11 20.37%
Roon AIR - faulty pre CI but faultless/largely faultless now
1.85%
1 1.85%
Roon AIR - faulty pre CI and faulty now
1.85%
1 1.85%
Total 54 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CI experience
@petrik I'm actually having some sort of e-mail conversation with them at the moment, where they both answer my questions and have a few of their own on how things work out for me. I also got a call the other day from Océane, so I'm very satisfied with all of that.

If only the amp would work as expected all things would be great...
Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Nordost Valhalla, Brahma, Frey2+ & Tyr2/Ansuz Mainz C/D8
Isoacoustics OREA/Shunyata Dark Field/Nordost QV/QK
Devialet Gemini
Has anyone not done this yet?

Please vote if you haven't yet.

Thanks  Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Here is a brief comment on my findings:

Before the CI board:
- I couldn't use Wifi at all
- I got crackles with RoonAIR every now and then
- Left/right channels were dropping randomly due to some internal error
- AIR 3.0.4 was unusable because it kept crashing on Windows many times a day

After the CI board:
- Wifi works really well, up to 96 kHz
- RoonAIR works well, up to 96 kHz (Wifi)
- No crackles or any other similar issues with RoonAIR (Wifi)
- I haven't tried Ethernet, so cannot comment on that
- There are some bugs in the beta FW as everyone already knows.

Things that haven't changed:
- 192 kHz streaming isn't bit-perfect over AIR-Wifi. AIR switches automatically to "Fixed output mode" on Wifi when streaming 192 kHz. I heard that this is a built-in feature in AIR and that it has always worked like this.
- No improvement on AIR 3.0.4, it still crashes on Windows 10.

So overall, I'm quite happy with the upgrade although there are some bugs to be fixed.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
Have had a couple of hours to play my CI upgraded 250 Pro this afternoon Just My Favourites playlist from Tidal. Precision, power and clarity are exceptional, although whether there is any significant enhancement on pre-upgrade output is a moot point and probably beyond my subjective listening capabilities. Nevertheless my playlist has all varieties of recordings of quite different qualities but the clarity is quite astonishing even in the poorest. "it's getting better all the time..."
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
(20-Jan-2018, 17:33)Gerronwithit Wrote: Have had a couple of hours to play my CI upgraded 250 Pro this afternoon Just My Favourites playlist from Tidal. Precision, power and clarity are exceptional, although whether there is any significant enhancement on pre-upgrade output is a moot point and probably beyond my subjective listening capabilities. Nevertheless my playlist has all varieties of recordings of quite different qualities but the clarity is quite astonishing even in the poorest. "it's getting better all the time..."
My only experience was 35 minutes of pure delight istening to my 440 Pro system which arrived back yesterday before it packed in. Master shut down, and when I rebooted it only boots up until the point on the display where it says Devialet 440 Pro core. Tried all solutions, unplugging, removing SD and rebooting but thats as good as it get. Hugely disappointed as you can imagine.
Press right button on the remote long time and check if you can find fault code. If there is code then send that to Devialet. Maybe they can help.
(27-Jan-2018, 21:16)Waiski Wrote: Press right button on the remote long time and check if you can find fault code. If there is code then send that to Devialet. Maybe they can help.

I've already checked the fault code ( A 3328 - internal error)  and emailed Devialet.

I'm hoping  they will respond quite soon. 

The whole CI upgrade experience has been a bit of a nightmare from start to finish.
(15-Jan-2018, 14:53)GuillaumeB Wrote: Has anyone not done this yet?

Please vote if you haven't yet.

Thanks  Smile

Guillaume

I don't know how to vote. I have tried Air and it works with WiFi but I am not using it. 
I am using Spotify connect and an Innuos server which does not use or needs AIR. I am still using CI and appreciate its USB improvements and still did not figure out how to do an ethernet connection.
Mines back in exactly a week, all running perfectly, just as it was before. Very happy with the service and sounds wonderful Smile
Audionet DNA / roon / ProAc SM100s
(27-Jan-2018, 18:57)SteveI Wrote:
(20-Jan-2018, 17:33)Gerronwithit Wrote: Have had a couple of hours to play my CI upgraded 250 Pro this afternoon Just My Favourites playlist from Tidal. Precision, power and clarity are exceptional, although whether there is any significant enhancement on pre-upgrade output is a moot point and probably beyond my subjective listening capabilities. Nevertheless my playlist has all varieties of recordings of quite different qualities but the clarity is quite astonishing even in the poorest. "it's getting better all the time..."
My only experience was 35 minutes of pure delight istening to my 440 Pro system which arrived back yesterday before it packed in. Master shut down, and when I rebooted it only boots up until the point on the display where it says Devialet 440 Pro core. Tried all solutions, unplugging, removing SD and rebooting but thats as good as it get. Hugely disappointed as you can imagine.

Have you tried removing the link and trigger connections, unplug both Master and Companion then power up as 2 x D220s with sd cards removed as factory config . Power down with the remote,insert configuration SDs re-attach link and trigger plugs. Finger crossed. Hope.Then see what happens. There are also problems with the configurator for my D440s- especially if you are using Safari as a browser.

Best of luck.