Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cables for Devialet D200
Hmm, El_Duderino got me thinking. Anyway, my experiences with different tweakings such as isolators, cables including power and interconnects were mixed: some improves, some very subtle, some I felt are 'night and day' difference. Even though I thought I heard a difference on expensive power cords, it could be placebo effect. So, now I just stick to my AQ NRG-X3 power cord which fit with the back cover on and I just try to use AIR to eliminate as many physical interconnects as possible to subject myself to the influence of cablings.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

I was able to find only one bind experience comparing power cord. Could you give the reference of, at less 3 or 4 studies with a perfect methodology ?
I tested in bind expensive cables with 3 person and even an 80 years distinguished everytimes the different cord.
If you really want to speak of science, you Know that the gold standard is double bind test. Moreover with this methodology there is still bias. For that reason you have to declare interest conflict.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
In my experience, there are people with golden ears who can discern clear sonic differences between different cables.   Yes, blind testing will differentiate those that can from those that can't (and, I suspect, many of us that think we can would fail in a blind test - I know I did).   But I don't question that some can.  

But hey, there are extremely well-made cables and those that are designed to be as cheap as possible and still function (as most stock cables are).  I prefer well designed.  And if I believe that the well designed cable will likely sound better, if it increases my confidence that my system will sound better, well then, good for me.  Placebo effect?  Perhaps, and I'm OK with that.

Of course, marketing hype is what it is and people and their money are easily parted.  That's certainly not unique to the audio cable business.   Personally, I get equally annoyed by those that are adamant that there can be no difference as I do by those that swear that those $5000+ cables profoundly changed their lives.   

Find what works for you, your ears and your wallet.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Not bind but blind

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Download your FREE copy of the Hi-Fi+ Guide to High-End Audio Cables:

http://www.hifiplus.com/buyers_guides/3/...-162568425
(02-Feb-2016, 18:34)mauidan Wrote: Download your FREE copy of the Hi-Fi+ Guide to High-End Audio Cables:

http://www.hifiplus.com/buyers_guides/3/...-162568425

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
But, you don't answer !
Guys, it's 4 days ago that Stephen, who I assume is very exited about his new amp and to be part of this community, asked for advice on power cables for his Devialet. I feel his thread has gone off that rails a bit. Could we please just agree to disagree and pull this thread back on track?

After all, this is THE gentleman's forum. We're the envy of other forums because we respect each other. Please keep it that way.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(02-Feb-2016, 22:51)Bob58 Wrote: But, you don't answer !

My apologies, Bob.

I'm very familiar with scientific double-blind testing protocols. They have shortcomings, but they're the best we've got.

I've found no evidence of any tests of hi-fi cables that remotely approach scientific rigour.

I have seen measurements of hi-fi cables that do indicate extremely small differences in performance. However, my view is that, until we have proper blind testing of cables that clearly shows otherwise, common sense suggests these differences in performance aren't audible.

I think it's important that people who ask about cables are made aware of this argument.

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
Well, that failed... Dodgy
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.