Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cables for Devialet D200
Have I stumbled onto HiFi Wigwam by mistake? Smile

(Clearly not, because everyone is remaining extremely civil...)
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
This is a great thread which I am enjoying very much. The original poster may not be though Smile
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
People may be interested to read about (as yet unproven) accusations of fraud recently made in the context of advertising of digital cables by Audioquest. The whole shambolic story is well summarized here.

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
(03-Feb-2016, 03:54)El_Duderino Wrote:
(03-Feb-2016, 00:22)Bob58 Wrote: A scientific attitude is : there is no study showing difference between cable, then i can't afirm there is a difference or not. There is no proof in a way or In another.
Then, if you haven't any study, how can you say :
"There are no instances of people being able to distinguish between different power cables in blind tests. That tells you everything you need to know. "
Well interesting subject

I am very sorry but I believe that is inaccurate.  The scientific argument is to accept the null hypothesis in all study design.  

So, for example, the null hypothesis in a (simple) double blind randomized controlled trial of speaker cables would be:

"There is no difference in audio quality between speaker cable A and speaker cable B."

The alternative hypothesis would be:

"There is a difference between speaker cable A and speaker cable B."

The scientific burden of proof is on proving the alternative hypothesis because, until that is done, the null hypothesis is assumed to be correct.  If you cannot prove that the participants in the study are able to definitively identify one cable is superior to the other with a p value of less than 0.05 (ie less than a 5% probability that the observed result was due to chance), then you MUST accept the null hypothesis.  You don't conclude that you can't tell if it's better or not, you conclude that there is NO difference until proven otherwise.  This is basic scientific study methodology.

Similarly, if there is no study showing a difference between cables as you say, then the scientific "presumption" is that there is no difference.  This can only be refuted through testing demonstrating that there is, in fact, a difference.

I don't want to pollute, then that's my last answer.
When there is no real study, i think scientific "presumption" is : i don't konw.  (And even 1 or 2 study are insufficient).
When you say "no study showing a difference ... then the scientific "presumption" is that there is no difference" that mean If no double blind study exist testing cigue versus patatoes, you say that scientific presumption is cigue is not more mortal than patatoes ?
You are in your certitude. Ok. But why do you want so much to  close debate ! ?
(02-Feb-2016, 23:37)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Well, that failed... Dodgy

I tried earlier but some folks just won't let go. Big Grin
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
By the way, this debate about whether cables make a difference has leaped to Pim's new thread in the Tweaks setion, where he poked the bear by buying his first audiophile USB cable. So please join us there where Pim invited discussion of that topic: http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=2579
The Canadian distributor highly recommends Crystal Cable or Siltech with the Devialet integrated amps.
Devialet bundles the Crystal Cable as the D400/D800 master/companion link.

The Devialet Original d’Atelier (D900) apparently comes with two Audioquest NRG power cables, an Audioquest Carbon RCA/RCA master/companion link and an Audioquest Sydney trigger cable.
(03-Feb-2016, 12:42)thumb5 Wrote: Have I stumbled onto HiFi Wigwam by mistake? Smile

(Clearly not, because everyone is remaining extremely civil...)

What's French for "Pub Carpark"?

Joking apart, at one time the 'wam would have descended into full on abuse by this stage, so well done to all in keeping things (reasonably) civilised and well argued.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Hi guys!

Sorry for being out of the thread for so long! I get my Devialet tomorrow! I have experience with cables making a difference, the biggest difference was with my phono cables, which I sold because I am an idiot. Transparent Reference phono cables are better than any others I have heard. I will listen to what I have with it and listen to what comes with it. I might get some of my hifi buddies to lend me some cables and if I can't pass a blind test then I'll listen happily to the Devialet.