Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic Phantom White not working reliably after upgrade
Report case numbers indicate that Devialet is receiving on average 600 problem reports daily since the launch of this new firmware. Not good.
Before Devialet , I never saw a company letting down their customer for a week with no fix so far
Have they removed the firmware updgrade notification to stop spreading the disease ?
Please excuse my poor reputation
As others have said, update at your risk! I have had this message from Devialet today:

“After the update to the latest firmware version 2.12.3 of the Phantom. There is a known issue that after a while of playback of music, Phantom will become completely silent even it shows connected to device and music keeps on playing on device. The issue will solve temporary if you unplug and replug the Phantom but it will happen again after a while of playback. We are collecting customer's information at this stage in order to get a fix soon.”

It would seem to me it is now a known issue you would notify or withdraw the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(06-Feb-2021, 05:48)invictus005 Wrote:
(05-Feb-2021, 19:40)ARandomMan Wrote: There’s something up with the phase and balance now for me. The soundstage sounds completely wrong and there’s an issue with the phase. The sound is focused on one of the speakers ( left for me) not unlike the issue a few months ago when DOS 2 was released. Anyone else have this problem?

This is actually a serious problem in addition to system crashing when switching sources. Ive restarted the system numerous times it’s completely random, sometimes I experience this problem and at other times it goes away. Just as you describe, sound is focused to one side with a slight mismatch to speakers which is causing almost like an echo effect. The sound does not have a stable image.

Hello, I am also owner of pair of gold speakers ; after update (it was great before !), my problem starts using TV with toslink output towards R speaker ; this "echo" appears OR left speaker works badly, then I need to unpair speakers, and pair speakers !! A lot of work... for the price...
(08-Feb-2021, 20:31)Djezon59 Wrote:
(06-Feb-2021, 05:48)invictus005 Wrote:
(05-Feb-2021, 19:40)ARandomMan Wrote: There’s something up with the phase and balance now for me. The soundstage sounds completely wrong and there’s an issue with the phase. The sound is focused on one of the speakers ( left for me) not unlike the issue a few months ago when DOS 2 was released. Anyone else have this problem?

This is actually a serious problem in addition to system crashing when switching sources. Ive restarted the system numerous times it’s completely random, sometimes I experience this problem and at other times it goes away. Just as you describe, sound is focused to one side with a slight mismatch to speakers which is causing almost like an echo effect. The sound does not have a stable image.

Hello, I am also owner of pair of gold speakers ; after update (it was great before !), my problem starts using TV with toslink output towards R speaker ; this "echo" appears OR left speaker works badly, then I need to unpair speakers, and pair speakers !! A lot of work... for the price...

Sorry to hear hear. Please report the problem to Devialet in the app.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I have some good news. I was provided with a first beta fix for me to try on a variety of sources on my system. I've tested it extensively last night and this morning. With the exception of switching the Optical Autoswitch on to: 

1. see if it worked
2. see if it caused a problem

I found that it did not work and it did cause the speakers to pause. When I sent a detailed narrative report from the app (help section) which also sends all the internal data from the speakers, I told Devialet engineers (my data goes directly to engineers and not customer service) that the new firmware update was stable except for the autoswitch. Hopefully, they'll get something released to everyone soon, but I'm happy to report that other than the one small glitch, I've had the speakers working flawlessly from:

Roon via ethernet
Apple TV via AirPlay 2
TV via Toslink (Optical Autoswitch set to OFF)

I'll report back when I hear more.

P.S. The engineers can't reproduce my problems in house.
I am also running the beta version of the software and am pleased with the results.

My issue was - If Phantom had only Airplay-2, I did not see any problem. However, if I had both bluetooth and Airplay-2, I would hit the condition where no sound comes out of Phantom.

I have not hit the above issue yet with the new beta release.
(09-Feb-2021, 17:46)photometer Wrote: I am also running the beta version of the software and am pleased with the results.

My issue was - If Phantom had only Airplay-2, I did not see any problem. However, if I had both bluetooth and Airplay-2, I would hit the condition where no sound comes out of Phantom.

I have not hit the above issue yet with the new beta release.

Thanks photometer for the update, hopefully we will all soon have the new update and back and runninging with our music!
I got an email from customer service that they are rolling out 2.15.2 in a progressive fashion. Good to know they are working to get it out as fast as they can.
I had this exact problem.
I also purchased the Arch phono so the upgrade and Arch installation were at the same time.
The sound phasing and cut outs were terrible both on LPs and room streaming.
I noticed the phantoms had defaulted to WiFi.
Thinking about this I forced then to PLC and it was even worse.
I then made the experiment to put the two phantoms and the Arch on the same power strip and Voila all worked perfectly even for some reason the Roon streaming which is set to optical.
It's worth a try BTW the Arch sound awesome with my Linn Lp12.