Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic Phantom White not working reliably after upgrade
I received an email from support stating that the testing group for the next version is full and that I should just wait for it to be released. More than a bit frustrating, as my Phantom Classics (or whatever they're calling them now) conk out after a few minutes with 2.12.3 when playing via AirPlay or Roon.
(12-Feb-2021, 16:11)andrewmg Wrote: I received an email from support stating that the testing group for the next version is full and that I should just wait for it to be released. More than a bit frustrating, as my Phantom Classics (or whatever they're calling them now) conk out after a few minutes with 2.12.3 when playing via AirPlay or Roon.

I’m sure the release must be imminent. All problems will go away with firmware 2.12.5. Hang in there.
(12-Feb-2021, 17:05)invictus005 Wrote:
(12-Feb-2021, 16:11)andrewmg Wrote: I received an email from support stating that the testing group for the next version is full and that I should just wait for it to be released. More than a bit frustrating, as my Phantom Classics (or whatever they're calling them now) conk out after a few minutes with 2.12.3 when playing via AirPlay or Roon.

I’m sure the release must be imminent. All problems will go away with firmware 2.12.5. Hang in there.

Don't hold your breath. No sane company would publish a new firmware on Friday. This being said, maybe Devialet would! Big Grin 
My bet would be on Monday.
Still stuck with no fix here. We must all have been in a test group before given they released the worst upgrade ever clearly untested. Can’t see how the group can be full this time around. Another weekend without reliable speakers. Seriously considering ditching the whole digital world. Powerless to fix or change anything and completely at the mercy of others. Next will be the news my phantom I’s are obsolete. Effectively are at the moment anyhow. Sorry rant over. Just frustrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same boat as the rest. Will be reverting to 2.11.5 tomorrow to see if that resolves the issue.
@AudioMan
wait for a few days 2.12.5 fixed all issues of disconnections and weird sounds music from the speaker im on 2.12.5 all good!(so far).
(12-Feb-2021, 20:17)tsmithpam Wrote: Still stuck with no fix here. We must all have been in a test group before given they released the worst upgrade ever clearly untested.
Sorry, the introduction of DOS 2 was the worst ever!  This is only the 2nd worst!   Sad  

It seems that Devialet still do not understand how to release software and are making the same mistakes again.  It would not surprise me that they now have a new set of engineers doing this release.  No doubt that the engineers are doing their best they can, but without experienced engineers leading them, there will more problems with future releases...  Confused  

When will Devialet learn that poor software releases destroy confidence?   Angry  Maybe they don't care because they get so many new customers attracted by the marketing???
I am currently on 2.12.5 for many days now. This firmware build is rock solid. I have had no issues so far. I guess once they do not see an negative feedback from the trial group, Devialet would roll out for everybody.
For those in the same sorry boat as me, this is an update just received from Devialet:

‘Good news that the testing phase for 2.12.5 has finished and that we are preparing the fix to be deployed to all affected customers.

In 2-3 days maximum, we will launch the update for every Phantom owner.

Unfortunately, it is too late to send him a beta version of the software right now.’

Hopefully coming to an end!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2.12.5 is online for Phantom I (only so far): https://help.devialet.com/hc/fr/articles...DOS-2-12-5