Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic Phantom White not working reliably after upgrade
Sad to say, seems like there are a lot of people on this boat.
Had some issues today
1 lost the right channel in a wired Ethernet stereo pair of silvers had to reboot to fix
2 Was unable to play music to the phantom reactors from an Apple TV using airplay2 but was able to play from another iOS device an iPhone right after ?
3. Listening to the reactors again later in the day I had random drop outs on one speaker or the other mid song it didn’t stop the song but it lost the channel for a few milliseconds which was quite noticeable.
(03-Feb-2021, 04:36)photometer Wrote: Today I upgraded my White Premier Phantom (both App and the firmware). I can see that it is now called Phantom I Light Chrome.

If I reboot the Device, it will come and I can connect from my iphone using bluetooth. However if I stop playing and let it remain idle for few minutes, I cannot play again either with Bluetooth or Airplay. Only after restart of Phantom will it play again.

This is not good.

Is there a factory reset procedure ?

was only one of your subwoffers working. when you reset your phantom? if the ground is broken when you use the speeker. over time the speeker might make friction, between the plastic where the frequency wiercoil is. an the wier breakes off. it still works when you dont reset. but when you reset .the system goes through a in an out motion when it calibrates. and when it cant go through that the speeker does not power on the rest of the speeker. it has happent to me 2 times now. and the first time i bought a new one. and just hidd away the broken speeker. but now that the 2 speeker is broken aswell i opend the side plate to the sub. conected the broken wiers. when i powerd it on again it works. dont recomend doing it thugh Blush . but when i did this i think it shoud be easy 4 devialet to fix the speekers with a new wier coil and sidepannel. or at least let some one buy the parts and try to fix it. but have not talked to devialet about buying the parts thoug. just tryed this 4 minutes ago so... ps. sry fore bad english
Me too have problems with stereo Gold wired ethernet setup, series J42. Im on my 4th complete need of setting up all again. First I had problems with the left Phantom just stops the music for 4-5 seoconds then comes back and later it will dissapear completely. This happening on and off for about 10 times during watching a movie.

After a few hard restest now its the right that does the same. 3 times the music have stopped working completely, just goes silently playing Tidal and Airplay 2. Yesterday the left was stonedead when I tried to turn on in the morning and complete setup needed again. During one setup the app even found a new update and started downloading but both Phantoms still show 2.12.3. Before update had no problems with 2.11.5. Problem on both toslink in and Airplay. Is there a fix in the working?
Tried to solve the issue a couple of hours and no it has gotten worse. Tidal and Airplay plays at most one song then silence or the sounds goes from left to right and back and forth etc. In tidal and Airplay setting I can see that sometimes its add a #2 after the room name, I have seen this change in realtime switch back to original roomname. Anyone else have that problem? Before last update I hade no issues with Tidal and Airplay 1. Well I also get this problems on Toslink in.

So I need to make an ultimate reset once again, just now I dont seem to get the offer to setup all from beginning. I have deleted Devialet app, even Tidal app, once I restart and install Devialet app from Appstore it kind of remember the old details and doesnt start a new setup. On phantoms tried long press, the tree presses, turn off router, phantoms etc. In the app, is there anyway to remove existng setup Phantoms? Add product doesnt find the Phantoms.

So frustrating over this.

Its not an ethernet issue as if I choose PLC the same problem.
No fix. No point in keep resetting and messing with speakers.
(07-Feb-2021, 18:44)invictus005 Wrote: No fix. No point in keep resetting and messing with speakers.

Having same issues.

Upgraded everything few days ago. Now cannot get airplay, on Ethernet. Have tried hard resets :/
Everyone please submit these problems to Devialet, either by going to “help” on the app and submitting a report (this is the best), or by sending them an email. The more reports, the better.
I have submitted 3x reports to them with this issue as it arises. I got this reply from Peter:

“At the moment, I have a few clients who are facing the exact issue as you. We are doing research on this issue and are seeking of solution from our software team.

I will update you once I have any news.

Talk soon”

Will update when I hear back.
(07-Feb-2021, 20:01)invictus005 Wrote: Everyone please submit these problems to Devialet, either by going to “help” on the app and submitting a report (this is the best), or by sending them an email. The more reports, the better.

Excellent advice. I’ve been sending the detailed reports from the engineering firmware that does a deeper dive than the regular report. Today alone, I bet I sent 10 reports. I was told they’re working round the clock on this. Send the reports from the help screen as often as you can with details on what sources you’re playing etc. The more reports, the better. 

On a separate note, I am having a very difficult time understanding how this got out of beta in this condition.  We are not alone.