Poll: What is the status of your Core Infinity upgrade?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Upgrade complete
40.00%
30 40.00%
Upgrade in progress
17.33%
13 17.33%
Upgrade not started yet
42.67%
32 42.67%
Total 75 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Core Infinity upgrade progress
Sent my two D220 Pro last Monday, and just got them back from France with the upgrade. Very good turn around time, for me it was 1 week door to door (via UPS). Everything looks as I had sent it, except one expert pro box which now has a slight tear in it.
Received the invitation to upgrade and ordered on the website a week ago.
Received a confirmation of my order but no shipping instructions from Devialet.
Guess I’ll wait till the new year now.
@Rama, I thought you were based in US of A. That's pretty good turnaround time . I'm in west coast and my unit went to NY state. The package was delivered there last Monday and its still in the queue as confirmed by Devialet support :-) Should have been nice if I had the option to send it to Paris and get it back sooner ..
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
@sam1000 I am based in UK. Have to give Devialet credit for the fast turnaround time. I think in Europe we are looking at 1-week wait.
I voted 'upgrade complete'. As I mentioned, my turnaround from pick up to return was about 88 hours. No doubt a modest number of Canadian owners helped ease the load at the shop as well as a lack of international borders. I also responded to the upgrade notice very shortly after it arrived by email. I did receive a notice that it arrived, but I did not get notification of the return shipment or a tracking number for the return.

The hardware upgrade is complete, but the software 'completeness' may be another poll. With my simple system, the software stumbles have not created any problems that give me much grief, but that could change. As I am a slow adopter of SW updates, I'll probably be several versions behind the pack soon enough.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(11-Dec-2017, 23:01)Rama Wrote: @sam1000 I am based in UK. Have to give Devialet credit for the fast turnaround time. I think in Europe we are looking at 1-week wait.

That is a quick turnaround. Mine took 18 days and I think the reason that yours came back so quickly is because there is less of a queue now as people are holding off until the new year so that they have their D over the holiday period. Just a theory!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Got my 220 Pro back today, with a total turnaround time of less than two weeks.  Sent it out of New York.  The service and the comms with Devialet on this for the logistics were very good and clear.  Have it all plugged back in now, with the new extruding antenna.  All the original settings on the SD card remain as before, and it worked out of the box as per the previous configuration.  The remote seems completely new, as it has a different feel to the dial than before, with the need to break it in as before as it requires some turns to become smooth again.  My former gripe was that the remote became less responsive during the 130 to 220 Pro upgrade, which seems now to have been rectified.  I tried it in different positions from 30 feet away and behind a concrete wall, and it now works omnidirectionally and perfectly.  Am now testing out the sound; so far it sounds excellent as always, and am inclined to think that the soundstage is wider and brighter. I had the Dev on +2 Treble, which I don't feel is necessary anymore. The iOS Devialet app to control the volume now works again.

Life would arguably be easier and cheaper if I had just stuck to my old Sony 5.1 surround amp, but this project passion with a boutique outfit is about the journey of sound, warts and all.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

220 Pro CI - B&W 804 D3  - B&W DB3D - Siltech Explorer - Mac Mini (2018/SSD) - AudioQuest Pearl USB & Ethernet - Sennheiser HDV 820 & HD-800S - Roon (Lifetime) - Tidal HiFi
New York, NY
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Ethernet (RJ-45) icon is really ugly and out of place? Anyway, I suppose it can be fixed, it's only firmware...
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(12-Dec-2017, 09:34)thumb5 Wrote: Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Ethernet (RJ-45) icon is really ugly and out of place?  Anyway, I suppose it can be fixed, it's only firmware...

I had exactly the same feeling about this icon... But at the end, I'm mainly listening to the music, not watching the amp Wink
Synology DS414 > Roon Optimized Core Kit on NUC7i7BNH > Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI (upgraded from D120) > Cabasse Galion IV (vintage)
Fair point! Falls into the same category as the "upgrade" to the front-panel button going from Expert to Pro, I suppose. Just feels to me as though it's losing a bit of design integrity. Sorry for going a bit OT.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK