Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEVIALET now Roon Ready.
When I first installed it, early on Tuesday, it did have the Uncertified message, however, it still worked properly. Yesterday evening the Uncertified message was gone. It should be work for you now, even if you are still getting the uncertified message.

When you say it does not work, do you mean you are not hearing audio output when it is set to Roon Ready, or are you getting some other error?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(13-Feb-2019, 17:07)BoyScout Wrote: Oooops!

I can´t use Roon RAAT because my Roon keeps uncertified.
I´d restarted Roon in the laptop and iPad several times and... nothing.
Just Roon AIR for now.

You can use Roon RAAT. That "uncertified" label doesn't mean it doesn't work. It works. Use it and then check the signal path info while you're playing something and it will show that it's communicating with your Devialet using RAAT.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(13-Feb-2019, 20:20)baddog Wrote: When I first installed it, early on Tuesday, it did have the Uncertified message, however, it still worked properly. Yesterday evening the Uncertified message was gone. It should be work for you now, even if you are still getting the uncertified message.

When you say it does not work, do you mean you are not hearing audio output when it is set to Roon Ready, or are you getting some other error?

Yes, each time i select Roon as a source, when i try to play something, automatically the source is changed to AIR.
(14-Feb-2019, 02:02)BoyScout Wrote:
(13-Feb-2019, 20:20)baddog Wrote: When I first installed it, early on Tuesday, it did have the Uncertified message, however, it still worked properly. Yesterday evening the Uncertified message was gone. It should be work for you now, even if you are still getting the uncertified message.

Yes, each time i select Roon as a source, when i try to play something, automatically the source is changed to AIR.
Did you try to disable air?
(14-Feb-2019, 04:41)Waiski Wrote:
(14-Feb-2019, 02:02)BoyScout Wrote:

Yes, you should disable air and then enable Roon Ready.
220 Pro/CI, Well Tempered Versalex/Kiseki PurpleHeart, QNAP HS 251+ NAS/Roon, Furutech e-TP86 power distributor, Audoquest NRG10 Power Cable, Furutech Flux-50 filter, Furutect Powerflux Power Cable, Furutech Speakerflux Speaker Cables, Sonus Faber Stradivari. 
(14-Feb-2019, 05:59)douglas Wrote:
(14-Feb-2019, 04:41)Waiski Wrote:
(14-Feb-2019, 02:02)BoyScout Wrote: Yes, each time i select Roon as a source, when i try to play something, automatically the source is changed to AIR.

I´ll try it in a couple of hours.
Thanks.
Well that was fun! Elsewhere I have mentioned that Devialet cleared out all my stored Configurations on their website which is still outstanding for being fixed. My configuration is very simple as all outputs except Ethernet, Line1 and the speakers are switched off. 

Anyway, I decided a bit of DIY was needed if I wanted to have the new firmware so I dropped the current configuration to the desktop and deleted the SD card. I downloaded the new firmware from Devialet’s website and it smoothly installed, then I reloaded the config from the desktop to the SD card, and then fired the Devialet up from Roon. Boom, music came pouring out at quite a volume. Nothing I did could lower or raise the volume. I went to the Devialet controller where it has RoonReady on it which appeared to do nothing. 

Only after going to Zones on Roon did I see the new Roon Devialet zone and enabled it which in turn selects RoonReady from the 250.  All is now well with the world and my Devialet 250. As to better quality, I will leave that judgement to better ears than my own.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
(14-Feb-2019, 11:44)Not BoyScout Wrote:
(14-Feb-2019, 05:59)douglas Wrote:
(14-Feb-2019, 04:41)Waiski Wrote: Did you try to disable air?

I´ll try it in a couple of hours.
Thanks.
Not sure about all the history to your post but my own posting shows my own experience this morning. Unless you have the new Roon Ready Zonr enabled in Roon you’ll have issues. As soon as I activated it in Roon it selected Roon Ready automatically from the Devialet itself and everything worked smoothly.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

@Gerronwithit: So if I understand what you're saying, to avoid potential problems with volume control you should not power up the amp using Roon before you've enabled and configured the new RAAT zone - is that right?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(14-Feb-2019, 12:50)thumb5 Wrote: @Gerronwithit: So if I understand what you're saying, to avoid potential problems with volume control you should not power up the amp using Roon before you've enabled and configured the new RAAT zone - is that right?

Yes. I of course was focused on geting Roon working on my system. So once you have successfully downloaded the firmware update to your Devialet if it is the same as me you will see a new Zone available in Roon that needs to be enabled which is the RoonReady one. Everything worked very smoothly after that.