Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEVIALET now Roon Ready.
I installed the new firmware, and it's great to have Roon on the Devialet with Tidal and Qobuz Beta in the US. However, I still seem to need to have Roon running on my Mac Mini for this to work. Was the point of this upgrade not that I can control the music through the Roon-enabled Devialet endpoint without needing to be connected to another core like the Mac Mini? Roon does not seem to find the Devialet as an alternative core.

Or am I missing something?
220 Pro CI - B&W 804 D3  - B&W DB3D - Siltech Explorer - Mac Mini (2018/SSD) - AudioQuest Pearl USB & Ethernet - Sennheiser HDV 820 & HD-800S - Roon (Lifetime) - Tidal HiFi
New York, NY
(13-Feb-2019, 06:09)Rocketmannequin Wrote: I installed the new firmware, and it's great to have Roon on the Devialet with Tidal and Qobuz Beta in the US.  However, I still seem to need to have Roon running on my Mac Mini for this to work.  Was the point of this upgrade not that I can control the music through the Roon-enabled Devialet endpoint without needing to be connected to another core like the Mac Mini?  Roon does not seem to find the Devialet as an alternative core.  

Or am I missing something?

Roon Ready support on the Devialet does not replace the need/requirement to run a Roon Core somewhere in your system. The point of the upgrade was in regards to the capabilities of the being a supported Roon Ready device (i.e being able to stream to multiple Roon Ready devices), support for RAAT (Roon Advanced Audio Transport), as opposed to Devialet AIR, or UPnP, Airplay et al...

You can read more about RAAT here.

And to answer your question, this new firmware does not make the Devialet a Roon Core (which would certainly be interesting, with associated pros and cons).
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
For those having UNCERTIFIED warning in Roon, I restarted Roon Core and problem solved.
Melco N1ZH60 + AQ Diamond USB and LAN + D440 Pro CI + SF Amati Futura II + AQ Jitterbug + Auralic VEGA G2+ Kimber Monocle XL+Jriver+Roon+AQ Niagara 1000

These are Danny's words exactly 120 days ago. Not bad at all Devialet!  Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
There is no sound character change at all by this firmware.

Try prepare two identical SD card with new and old firmware on it, and then upgrade using one SD card so you don’t know which version it is. And then listen, you cannot tell if it’s new or old version.
(13-Feb-2019, 11:39)PeppaPig Wrote: There is no sound character change at all by this firmware.

Try prepare two identical SD card with new and old firmware on it, and then upgrade using one SD card so you don’t know which version it is. And then listen, you cannot tell if it’s new or old version.

Oh yes there are........
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(13-Feb-2019, 10:08)Pim Wrote: These are Danny's words exactly 120 days ago. Not bad at all Devialet!  Smile

Another thing to look at: the previous version was fw 13.0.0 and dos 2.2.2. This version is fw 13.1.3.1 and dos 2.2.4.

Since we've got a 4 number fw code we know there were at least 4 versions prepared and tested to get to 13.1.3.1 (13.1, 13.2, 13.3, and 13.1.3.1) but there may have been versions between 13.0.0 and 13.1.3. We also know there were at least 2 versions of the dos prepared and tested between 2.2.2 and 2.2.4. Again there may have been versions that ran to 4 number designations as well. That means they've gone through preparing at least 6 different softwares since the last version was released 8 months ago.

I think a lot of work went into this. Some of those software versions may have been minor and simple bug fixes. I suspect the difference between 13.1.3 and 13.1.3.1 was pretty minor given the numbering, but there would have been bigger differences between 13.1.0, 13.1.1, 13.1.2, and 13.1.3 with minor bug fixes between each of those iterations and the same for the dos versions.

That's a fair bit of development work and a fair bit of testing, and we know there were earlier versions before the last release because they showed a beta version of the roon ready software in Munich last year. The numbering of the new and the last versions does tell a story.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(13-Feb-2019, 12:48)NickB Wrote:
(13-Feb-2019, 11:39)PeppaPig Wrote: There is no sound character change at all by this firmware.

Oh yes there are........

I think there are too.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Great to read positive comments!
Consulted Devialet, there is no sound changes.