Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEVIALET now Roon Ready.
(13-Feb-2019, 13:48)PeppaPig Wrote: Consulted Devialet, there is no sound changes.

Angel Angel Angel Angel Angel Angel
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
I didn´t have not  time to make the change, yet. After read all this comments i´m a bit curious about it.
Now it´s time to make the upgrade.
We´ll see.
Clearly there’s a sonic difference between Devialet Air and Roon RAAT. Just need to toggle between these 2 zones in Roon to find out.

Unfortunately for me, after upgrading I experienced my first ever signal dropout. Perhaps I should restart my Roon Core now.
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
Oooops!

I can´t use Roon RAAT because my Roon keeps uncertified.
I´d restarted Roon in the laptop and iPad several times and... nothing.
Just Roon AIR for now.
(13-Feb-2019, 13:08)David A Wrote: Another thing to look at: the previous version was fw 13.0.0 and dos 2.2.2. This version is fw 13.1.3.1 and dos 2.2.4.

Since we've got a 4 number fw code we know there were at least 4 versions prepared and tested to get to 13.1.3.1 (13.1, 13.2, 13.3, and 13.1.3.1) but there may have been versions between 13.0.0 and 13.1.3. We also know there were at least 2 versions of the dos prepared and tested between 2.2.2 and 2.2.4. Again there may have been versions that ran to 4 number designations as well. That means they've gone through preparing at least 6 different softwares since the last version was released 8 months ago.

I think a lot of work went into this. Some of those software versions may have been minor and simple bug fixes. I suspect the difference between 13.1.3 and 13.1.3.1 was pretty minor given the numbering, but there would have been bigger differences between 13.1.0, 13.1.1, 13.1.2, and 13.1.3 with minor bug fixes between each of those iterations and the same for the dos versions.

That's a fair bit of development work and a fair bit of testing, and we know there were earlier versions before the last release because they showed a beta version of the roon ready software in Munich last year. The numbering of the new and the last versions does tell a story.

Just an FYI, I received my D250 Pro back with CI upgrade back early December running 13.0 and DOS2.2.3. We’ve seen before that the factory has slightly newer versions than available for public download. To me this indicates they’ve made minor changes/fixes.

Of course we now have a ‘major’ release.

Will upgrade to the newest versions later. Changing other things ATM in my system.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
@BoyScout

So it shows as uncertified AND when you try to enable Roon Ready in Audio it won't let you?

Try restarting the machine you have Roon Core running on and try again.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Does the 220 Pro function as Roon Core?  Sorry if this is a dumb question but it's not clear to me.

My current set up is Devialet 200 Expert - Antipodes DX - B&W805S - REL T9 - Roon lifetime. 

The Antipodes DX handles Roon processing with 2TB storage, very well, I'm happy.

But am I understanding correctly that an upgraded 220 Pro could function as Roon processor, and that the 220 Pro + new storage could replace the Antipodes DX?

Comments on the wisdom of that move are welcome, but mostly I'd just like to know if I've got the basic functionality right.

Thanks.
(13-Feb-2019, 17:13)baddog Wrote: @BoyScout

So it shows as uncertified AND when you try to enable Roon Ready in Audio it won't let you?

Try restarting the machine you have Roon Core running on and try again.
Thanks, baddog,
I did it already and doesn´t work.
I´m sure that´s me. I´m doing something wrong, for sure.
Tell me, as soon as it works is exactly like Roon Air, right? I don´t need a cable between the core and the system?
@BoyScout

OK, so two things,

1. Yes it should work exactly like Roon Air, all I had to do after applying the firmware update on both of my Devialets (I have dual mono), was to reinsert the configuration SD cards into each of the Devialets, restart them, and then ensure the output on them was set to Roon Ready. After that, I launched Roon, went into Settings -> Audio, and in the Networked section, I found Roon Ready Devialet, I gave it a Zone name. Then I made sure to select that Zone for audio output (I clicked the Devialet icon in the main music playback window). No other changes were required.

2. All that said, I use an ethernet connection to my switch from my Roon NUC and an ethernet connection from my Devialet to the switch. So I am not using wireless. You should NOT need a cable between the core and the Devialet, assuming that each device is setup either wired to ethernet or enabled for your WIFI network.

Hope that helps.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(13-Feb-2019, 19:01)baddog Wrote: @BoyScout

OK, so two things,

1. Yes it should work exactly like Roon Air, all I had to do after applying the firmware update on both of my Devialets (I have dual mono), was to reinsert the configuration SD cards into each of the Devialets, restart them, and then ensure the output on them was set to Roon Ready. After that, I launched Roon, went into Settings -> Audio, and in the Networked section, I found Roon Ready Devialet, I gave it a Zone name. Then I made sure to select that Zone for audio output (I clicked the Devialet icon in the main music playback window). No other changes were required.

2. All that said, I use an ethernet connection to my switch from my Roon NUC and an ethernet connection from my Devialet to the switch. So I am not using wireless. You should NOT need a cable between the core and the Devialet, assuming that each device is setup either wired to ethernet or enabled for your WIFI network.

Hope that helps.
Helps a lot.
I thought i was wrong but, according to your descrption, i did all properly, this time.
I read somewhere that we need to wait from 24 to 48 hours, but it´s strange because some people (like you) didn´t need to wait.
I´ll wait until tomorrow, after that i´ll contact Devialet staff.
Thanks again, baddog.