Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEVIALET now Roon Ready.
I am generally sceptical about perceived SQ improvements due to software changes.  After upgrading, I played the same piece of music that I played last night - and it simply sounds better:  greater transparency and “airiness”.  From a SQ point of view, probably the most notable improvement since SAM
(12-Feb-2019, 21:39)Bwaze Wrote: I was excited that Devialet finally managed to get the sleep mode working like other modern devices:

"Lower power consumption in sleep mode (around 1W)"

But now I think I misunderstood this line, consumption seems to be reduced by 1W (from 30W to 29W), not lowered from 30W to 1W.

I'm not a native English speaker. Big Grin

The line was ambiguous.
I had the same reaction you did: excited to have a modern power consumption and disappointed by the reality of 1W less rather than less than 1W (as all my other electronics are in standby). Still, I'm happy that Devialet is working on it, and thankful for a few watts fewer wasted.
Hi all,

I am attempting to effect this update but am suffering the usual problem where the software update for the master works fine but that for the companion just will not take. The usual solution is to just keep trying a variety of soft and hard resets but in this case it's not working. Does anyone have any suggestions?
(Marantz cd7 || Linn-Lyra Kleos || Naim NAT01 || Roon Rock) -> DM CI -> Magico S5, with various wires interceding, mostly Transparent, the rest Opaque, I suppose
Non CI users will never get RAAT, no computing power available on non pro Experts. We’ll have to live with Roon Air which is really great, not missing much functionaility! RAAT would have been good for stability over Wifi, as RAAT is TCP and Air UDP.
 Roon Air / convolution HAF / Devialet Expert D200/ DIY power and speakers cable / DIY Speakers Atohm EURUS 1.0 + DIY active SW 
(12-Feb-2019, 23:39)franchiser Wrote: Hi all,

I am attempting to effect this update but am suffering the usual problem where the software update for the master works fine but that for the companion just will not take. The usual solution is to just keep trying a variety of soft and hard resets but in this case it's not working. Does anyone have any suggestions?

If anyone is about to suggest 'try a different sd card', that would be the right answer (in this case, anyway).
(Marantz cd7 || Linn-Lyra Kleos || Naim NAT01 || Roon Rock) -> DM CI -> Magico S5, with various wires interceding, mostly Transparent, the rest Opaque, I suppose
Installed and configured to RAAT.

Works perfectly so far and it does indeed sound great!

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
Same same, uploded file to Devialet but roon couldent indentify the Dev, out with the power cable and inn again , vola there it works :Smile

Sounds good to me , litle more refinded and smooth sound is my first impression, but trying out diffrent ETH cables so have to listen moore

How will RAT infect air solution , can we close out the Dev air implementation ?
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Sounds very good to my ears...a sonic improvement in air, separation and dynamic contrasts...could pick it blind. Thanks Devialet! And ROON, of course! The value of a ROON membership just increases over time!
(13-Feb-2019, 00:34)Petter Wrote: Same same, uploded file to Devialet but roon couldent indentify the Dev, out with the power cable and inn again , vola there it works :Smile

Sounds good to me , litle more refinded and smooth sound is my first impression, but trying out diffrent ETH cables so have to listen moore

How will RAT infect air solution , can we close out the Dev air implementation ?

RAAT will never infect AIR and it doesn't affect it either. Roon AIR still works. Just choose the one you want in the Roon Audio settings menu.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
And as of this evening, the correct Devialet icon (as opposed to the generic icon) is now displayed, and the Uncertified message is gone. As someone noted I can see the SAM setting in the Signal Path but my speaker brand is not displaying (well it does if I click the Sam Setting). Not a big deal, certainly not the end of days.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US