Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOS 2.10.0
Just did the migration - fast, easy. App froze during setup after migration, but everything was fine. Now have multi-room with no Dialog!! (stereo Gold + single Gold). So happy to toss the Dialog. Sound is great, although hard to test the full range with family trapped in house.
I updated my 2 Golds from DOS 1 to DOS 2.10 successfully and Now my Dialog is useless. What should I do with it? Do you have any good idea guys for the left Dialog?
(02-May-2020, 06:12)bjmoon01 Wrote: I updated my 2 Golds from DOS 1 to DOS 2.10 successfully and Now my Dialog is useless.  What should I do with it?  Do you have any good idea guys for the left Dialog?

Keep it for when you want to do optical in and if your speakers are inconveniently placed for that. 

Glad to see the update works well for most people. I‘ve been running various betas of 2.10.0 for a couple weeks and they have been very solid. Physical remote latency is a bit quirky, hope they fix that next. Some more exciting updates seem to be on the horizon as well.
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime
Anyone else been getting a stuttering speaker or 2 after update? It’s only happened a couple of times and restarting seems to fix it but still...

It’s almost like DJ with a kill switch / transforming /
Cutting the sound in and out really quickly
Yeah I have had the stuttering a few times. A lot less than before but it’s still there.
On a more problematic front if I am streaming via my iphone with airplay everything is good but no one else is able to connect to the system, I.e my wife’s galaxy phone to stream Spotify. I have to kill the power to one of the speakers, let it reboot and then she can connect.

Anyone else have this problem?
Have you made sure your speakers aren’t connecting via WiFi?
Click on a speaker in settings and go to network - you should make sure it’s on PLC (speakers just need to be on same power circuit I think)

Mine have always been rock solid on that

But since DOS2 I wonder if it’s a bit less stable - so I have set the AV sync setting to maximum latency as it says this is more stable. Before I had it on minimum setting for TV but I guess I can just switch it back quickly before watching telly

Seems to have worked so far - but it’s only been a day Smile
(02-May-2020, 08:27)DesertEagleAZ Wrote:
(02-May-2020, 06:12)bjmoon01 Wrote: I updated my 2 Golds from DOS 1 to DOS 2.10 successfully and Now my Dialog is useless.  What should I do with it?  Do you have any good idea guys for the left Dialog?

Keep it for when you want to do optical in and if your speakers are inconveniently placed for that. 

Glad to see the update works well for most people. I‘ve been running various betas of 2.10.0 for a couple weeks and they have been very solid. Physical remote latency is a bit quirky, hope they fix that next. Some more exciting updates seem to be on the horizon as well.

How have you been on beta releases? Are you already on the next version?
(03-May-2020, 08:29)Jamington2004 Wrote: Have you made sure your speakers aren’t connecting via WiFi?
Click on a speaker in settings and go to network - you should make sure it’s on PLC (speakers just need to be on same power circuit I think)

Mine have always been rock solid on that

But since DOS2 I wonder if it’s a bit less stable - so I have set the AV sync setting to maximum latency as it says this is more stable. Before I had it on minimum setting for TV but I guess I can just switch it back quickly before watching telly

Seems to have worked so far - but it’s only been a day Smile
Yes, they are both on wired internet so can get much more rock solid than that.
Does it actually confirm they are connected via Ethernet?
I am not sure it does anymore -
so are you sure it’s set up properly and isn’t connecting via the back up method?
I am interested to know as I started another thread asking how to connect via Ethernet and got 2
different answers Smile
I was under the impression that as soon as you connected an Ethernet cable to it then it would select that connection. The app doesn't tell you if you are connected by Ethernet (as opposed to Ethernet over PLC). I suppose that PLC is a transparent medium so the Phantom would have no way of telling.